Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Docherty's sprint finish--the announcer's call
Quote | Reply
We've all seen Bevan Docherty's amazing sprint finish in the 2005 ITU race, but probably with the eminem soundtrack drowning out the announcer's call (link, in case you've been living under a rock).

A couple of years ago el_slice asked if anyone had that video without the music overlay, and I put it on my to-do list. I finally got around to separating out the announcer's call from the music, and then putting the music back in the background.

As fitting as the soundtrack is, the announcer's call is pretty cool as well. Here's the youtube video.
Quote Reply
Re: Docherty's sprint finish--the announcer's call [AlwaysCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

Barrie Shepley > Eminem

Music isn't necessary for such an epic moment.
Quote Reply
Re: Docherty's sprint finish--the announcer's call [AlwaysCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great job!

What a sprint... Wow!
I've seen it before but gladly watch it again anytime it pops up.

Only fools never change their minds and I'll never change my mind about that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've watched that sprint so many times - awesome.

However, always makes me chuckle the 'quote' at the beginning.... Those are NOT Warriner's words :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Docherty's sprint finish--the announcer's call [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love how fast Mola gets a new Red Bull hat after losing his in the sprint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
way better than the eminem version. thanks.

-
"It's nice to be great, but far greater to be nice"
Quote Reply
Re: Docherty's sprint finish--the announcer's call [Salmon Steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Salmon Steve wrote:
I've watched that sprint so many times - awesome.

However, always makes me chuckle the 'quote' at the beginning.... Those are NOT Warriner's words :)

Too funny! Give me a good quote of hers and I'll use it instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Docherty's sprint finish--the announcer's call [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I liked, "Kris Gemmell, what an incredible courageous move oh-so-far from the finishing line." Sometimes the bold moves don't pay off, but they sure make for exciting racing. Go big or go home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even after all these years, the hair on the back of my neck stands up when I see Gemmel take off. Then when Bevan goes by him like he's standing still, I get a chill. Freakin' amazing. THAT is racing. Sweet!

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Docherty's sprint finish--the announcer's call [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not even close..

Quote Reply