Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do all Giro road shoes fit the same?
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Giro Prolight SLX shoes that fit really well. I'm interested in the Empires, but no one in town stocks that shoe.

Will the Empires fit like the Prolights?

And I guess I could ask the same of Fizik shoes. I've tried the R5B and it fits well enough. Would the R3 or R1 fit the same?

Thanks,
Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Do all Giro road shoes fit the same? [lemond853] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have Prolight SLXs as well and they don't fit the same as my Privateers (MTB shoe). I can't remember if I had to size up or down half a size, but they definitely were different. The Prolights also seem like they are a little higher volume. Haven't tried the Empires.
Last edited by: durk onion: Oct 27, 15 10:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Giro shoes are a model or two down. But I first discovered the Meles and liked the fit so much, that I got the Trans. Just found an online sale for the same size and didn't even try them on. I've found the fit to be similar, so I'm happy with both.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will the Empires fit like the Prolights?

FWIW - They use the same Easton carbon fiber sole, so I am guessing at least from that perspective they fit similar.

When I went with the Empire's I had to drop down from a 44 to a 39.5 after a number of years in Shimano and Specialized shoes all 44.

For road riding - the best cycling shoes I have ever owned. Super comfortable. Extraordinarily light. And - they do make a bit of a statement! :)

Definitely NOT a tri shoe! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Do all Giro road shoes fit the same? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have a pair of the pro light slx and the factor.
both in the same size and they fit very very similarly.
if anything i'd say the pro lights fit a tiny tiny bit more snug.
interested in finding a pair of empire's as well !
Quote Reply