Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Discomfort after 30 min @ threshold
Quote | Reply
well yes, it's going to uncomfortable, but this is something else.

I've been having this issue where after about 30 min at threshold levels (on the TT bike) I get this dull ache, bordering on numbness that starts at the sit bones and goes down my leg. Mostly on the left but to a certain extent on the right. It's really unpleasant when it happens.

It doesn't happen in shorter TTs (20km), and doesn't happen (on longer rides) if riding sub-threshold.

I had a similar issue maybe 4-5 years ago, but it seemed to work itself out. Mainly it would happen after the turnaround in a TT when I would get off the saddle then sit back down again.

My position has changed a bit since then, as a consequence of injury (long story).

Using Adamo saddle (for a long time now)

Wondering if others may have had this issue, and if so what did you do. My first inclination is to try pushing the saddle back a bit and sitting more on the nose. (I do have the logo showing now, as they recommend, but feel like I still could be a bit more on the nose)

Next would perhaps try saddle height (I think I am set up pretty well there, but might try a touch lower)
Quote Reply
Re: Discomfort after 30 min @ threshold [BrianB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump with the hope that someone has suggestions / thoughts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lowering the adamo may make you sit more on the middle of the Adamo which you don't really want moving it up or back will put you on the nose more
Quote Reply
Re: Discomfort after 30 min @ threshold [SamYO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SamYO wrote:
lowering the adamo may make you sit more on the middle of the Adamo which you don't really want moving it up or back will put you on the nose more

thanks. that was my thinking too ... so going down a bit would also have me move it back.

I tried 2 things over the weekend, after riding 1 x 45 on Friday and having this issue:

1. Did 1x40 on my road bike, which I have not done in a long time. I was able to put out more power on the road bike (normally I am very close). Started to get the discomfort after a turnaround, but it wasn't as pronounced and subside pretty soon after.

2. Lowered my saddle on the TT bike by 4mm or so. Did not move it back (yet). Then did a 1x40 interval, and hit higher power than the day before even (this was day 3 in a row of 90-95% intervals). It did feel like I needed to move the saddle back a bit

I'm going to keep it lower, and next try moving back a bit, and see how that goes.

(and I had the thought that it could be that I just need to do more longer threshold intervals!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you lower the saddle it could make things worse, if you want to sit on the nose it either needs to go higher or further back. I used to get sitbone pain on my selle smp if it was tilted wrong or too far forward and it affecting my hamstrings.
Quote Reply
Re: Discomfort after 30 min @ threshold [SamYO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SamYO wrote:
When you lower the saddle it could make things worse, if you want to sit on the nose it either needs to go higher or further back. I used to get sitbone pain on my selle smp if it was tilted wrong or too far forward and it affecting my hamstrings.

I know, which is why it's a bit strange that it felt better when lowering it. I'm trying not to change more than 1 thing at a time. Lower seemed better. Next I will try lower and a bit farther back. If that is OK, then I will try to go back up again and see if it comes back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In that case it could be that the saddle is too high and the nose of the saddle is hitting the sit bone in a different way perhaps the tilt needs adjusting sometimes the tilt can change when in and out of the saddle overtime
Quote Reply