Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Disco and CSC @ ToC
Quote | Reply
I was a little surprised at the last stage of the ToC. I didn't understand how CSC and Disco team strategy relegated this stage to a sprint finish. Obviously, this race meant the most to the americans (with 5 of the top 6 americans representing 4 diff teams), but is it that prestigious to have a 2 thru 6 result in the GC? Disco and CSC were non players in the race thru 8 laps. I was at the top of the hill the entire race and was thinking every lap, this time by someone is going to have to make a move. It never happened. With CSC having 2nd and 3rd, wouldn't it make sense that they could attack with either zabriskie or jullich? Now I completely understand that 29 secs in a CR is a big time gap, but wouldn't you try? BTW, what type of prize money is generally associated with ProTour stage races?

The velonews.com article about the redondo stage is a good read.
Quote Reply
Re: Disco and CSC @ ToC [ErnieK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there was no way anyone would have caught Floyd, and they all knew it.
Quote Reply
Re: Disco and CSC @ ToC [ErnieK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah,

My impression was that both screwed up big time on the finish.

I think it is fair to say that they wanted to have a shot at the final stage. CSC couldn't pull through and Discovery was shredded by "Handicaps" early attack 1k out.

I looked at the chopper pics for the sprint and although I am not a fan of T-Mobile, they showed how to do it. How they set up on the outside and blocked "JJ Haemorras" and the other "Waterboy" from getting around their sprinter "Polish" was near perfect.

Everybody on CSC, Discovery and Gerolsteiner ought to watch the tape of that sprint finish. Come summer, they better have their act together....