Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Directions into Spring, TX
Quote | Reply
I'll be traveling west on I-10 out of Louisiana, should I stay on 10 all the way into Houston and then north to Spring, or take US90 which looks like a more direct route? It will be around 4:00-5:00pm when I get into the area.
Quote Reply
Re: Directions into Spring, TX [Jamie73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take I-10 or 90 to Beltway 8, then continue counter-clockwise along the Beltway until you get to either I-45 or 249 (I'm assuming you'll need to take one of those north to get to your destination). This will avoid most of the rush hour cluster on I-45 coming out of downtown.

Beltway 8 is a toll road, btw (Sam Houston Toll Road). You could take the service road and avoid the tolls, but that will take forever and defeat the purpose of this tip.

Edit: if you need to take I-45 to get to your destination, you may even avoid that (depending on how far north you intend to go) by hopping on the Hardy Toll Road from the Sam Houston Toll Road
Last edited by: aaronechang: May 12, 15 17:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Directions below are fine but be warned if you are coming north via Beltway, Hardy or 45 at around 5pm you will be in traffics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another option is to take Hwy 105 out of Beaumont to Conroe and then take 45 south into Spring. You'll avoid the traffic in Houston that way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I drove in from LA in 2012 and 2013. Took 90 out of Beaumont both times. Might have cost me a few minutes, but an enjoyable countryside drive through Liberty and Dayton, where I picked up 1960. Very little traffic until Humble. Would do it again.
Quote Reply
Re: Directions into Spring, TX [aaronechang] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the help. Think I'll hit 8 to Sam Houston Toll Road. The hotel looks like it is a couple of miles north of where it intersects 45. Also leaving an hour earlier so that may help.
Quote Reply