Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Did you do IMMT with power?
Quote | Reply
Hey all,

I'm looking to compile a list of bike time vs power output (avg. w/kg) for IMMT, similar to this thread for IMC.

Post your:

-Race Weight (body, no bike)
-Average Power
-Bike time (flats/crashes/other delays?)

-Position/Equipment (especially if radically different from something "ST-Approved")
-Anything else you feel is important

I'll collect the results and update with graph once/if there are enough responses.

As of Oct. 19:

Last edited by: naxen: Oct 18, 12 22:15
Quote Reply
Re: Did you do IMMT with power? [naxen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
165 lbs, 6'1" tall
AP: 169w
Bike time: 5:51 and change - no delays, the only stop was for my special needs bag
Bike: P3 with a Flo 60 front, rear wheel covered, Rudy Project aerolid
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5' 9.5" | ~160 lbs

5:11:16 at 221 AvgPower | 230w Norm Power | VI = 1.04

Data:
http://tpks.ws/oD6l

Setup

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Re: Did you do IMMT with power? [spocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm doing the full next year, so this will be helpful. I did the 70.3, so not sure if my bike stats will help much, but here they are: 2:23 on 278 watts, 6', 165 lbs.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was around 138-140 lbs for Tremblant, 5:25 bike split off 189W (going off memory, may have been 188W). My position is not ST approved as I have some neck issues and other injuries I am working around. Giro Advantage helmet, HED Stinger 60 front, Zipp 808 rear, Kestrel Airfoil pro, Conti Sprinter tires (I know I know, they are slower than Vittoria, but my only flats in racing have been Vittoria Corsa EVOs and never on Sprinters).

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Second Ironman, finished in 12:55, an improvement of over two hours from IMLP 2009 (15:03). Trained properly, got a tri bike, and power paced. Bib 921.

Race weight was probably 168 lbs/76.2 kg. 6'2".
AP 160W, NP 185W, VI 1.16 (ouch!) (too much coasting due to trying too hard to avoid drafting).
Aerobic threshold was 190W, anaerobic threshold was 265W (by lactate). Target AP was 170W.
Felt fine, just didn't keep my eye on the ball and keep the intensity up. Enjoyed the ride, though, and had a good run (for me) - better than going too hard!
Bike split 6:20. No flats, one quick stop at medical tent, one not-so-quick porta-potty break.
Work 3647kJ, TSS 498.8 (based on TrainingPeaks recorded weight of 74.5 kg - hadn't updated it since the spring)
Average HR 148, average cadence 93 (spinners are winners!)
Bike - Argon 18 E-112, 60mm carbon clinchers, Dura-Ace Di2, Quarq S975, Giro Advantage2

I'm afraid to see where I'd end up on that graph ;-)
Last edited by: CJMcTri: Oct 16, 12 16:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race weight: 168 lbs (5' 9")
AP: 145 watts
NP: 169 watts
VI: 1.17 (sweet jesus! this is what happens when your threshold is insufficient to meet the needs of the course)
Time: 6:32

Details:
- Cervelo P2SL with box rim front and aerojacket
- Not a particularly aggressive position
- One short port-o-potty break
- One longer and more disgusting port-o-potty break (no longer than 5-6 mins)
- Ran a marathon PR off the bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race weight: 175 lbs./79.4 kg
Height: 6'1"

Average power: 131
Normalized power: 164
VI: 1.25 (I don't actually know what this means yet though . . . anyone want to share :-)
Work: 2987 watts
TSS: 421
Average HR: 133
Max HR: 153
Bike: P3, Hed 3 on the front, Mavic Open Powertap with Aerojacket on back, Giro Advantage 2 helmet

Finished the bike split in 6 hours, 17 minutes - no problems

It was my first IM. Loved it. Went easy the whole time on bike (low to mid zone 2 HR) and followed it up with a 4:22 run split. Upon reflection, my pacing seemed like it was well planned.
Quote Reply
Re: Did you do IMMT with power? [CJMcTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering what your bike split was. Would you share?
Quote Reply
Re: Did you do IMMT with power? [ride_4ever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
207w AP with 217w NP. 5'11 168lbs. Cannondale slice. Time 5:18. On a much more aero setup for next year and racing IMMT 70.3 in 2013.

Founder of THE TRIATHLON COLLECTIVE (Closed Facebook Group). A SBR discussion group without the white noise/trolling!
Last edited by: Fred D: Oct 17, 12 5:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'10 179lbs
Time was 5:09:12 and I dropped my chain on the climb on 117 on the 2nd loop.
Avg watts were 251

My setup

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I'll play.

Bike Split 5:23 (incl. stop at special needs)
183 average watts / 199 PNorm (rear hub - Powertap)
139 pounds
Elite Razor Carbon with 65mm front, and disk cover rear with 3T Ventus aerobars and Conti GP Supersonics with latex tubes
Quote Reply
Re: Did you do IMMT with power? [SatMark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SatMark wrote:
OK, I'll play.

139 pounds
Elite Razor Carbon with 65mm front, and disk cover rear with 3T Ventus aerobars and Conti GP Supersonics with latex tubes

OK, I feel much better about my "lack of aeroness". I also had a special needs stop did 5:25, off 188W average at around the same weight...but my watts were SRM, so we are essentially in the same ballpark.....my 2 minutes slower might be explained by my slow rubber in that you had latex tubes and I had butyl.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Did you do IMMT with power? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I'm not the most aero guy in the world, but I think that I have a reasonable position for Ironman. We essentially weigh the same thing. I think you were 189 watts (that's what you had posted in an earlier thread, rather than 188). If I take 189 X .98 (to account for drivetrain losses) = 185.2. 2 watts different for 3 minutes faster time (+/- equipment choices and positional setup) = reasonable!

To the OP. I was actually trying to do the same analysis the week after the race, and have 3-4 more data points that I gathered. I can post them for you when I get home this evening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you do a quick search on the forum, you'll find 2 or 3 more results from race reports. That might help your dataset if some of those folks don't see this posting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMMT bike is sort of a sore subject for me, was on track to set a pretty big PR for the bike leg, had a first loop split of 2:33 and was picking up steam. Made it to FOP no-mans land on 2nd loop then flatted bad, broke my tire lever and spent 20+ minutes on the side of the road peeling a brand new Corsa Evo CX 23mm clincher off of a Flo 24.4mm wide rim with my fingers. After much anguish and blood blisters on each of my finger tips, the tire was changed, neutral support showed right as I finished.

Race stats: 6'0, 156lbs, ~4.1W/kg
Power: 200W even (0.7 IF)
Bike Time: My Garmin, ~5:15, Official time (with 'flat'): 5:36:44

In terms of equipment and all that jazz, nothing special on my frame, 4 year old Felt B12, but it's pretty aero-geeked out with dropped Ventus, Zipp R2C, Simkins Egg front brake, Flo60 front, 60 rear with AeroJacket disc cover. Hydration is hidden between the arms Speedfill A2 (straw folded), no frame mount bottle cage, single cage behind the saddle. Flat kit in DarkSpeedWorks aerobento behind stem.
Last edited by: tgarson: Oct 23, 12 9:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
160 W average 2.48 W/kg
170 W normalized
VI 1.06 bit too enthusiastic on the uphills :-)
5:49:48
brief stop at special needs.

Cervelo P2 with older Zipp 404 on the front. Mavic Open Pro with power-tap on rear.

141.4 lbs at the weigh-in

i am not very aero.

run well, run happy
george
Last edited by: georgereid: Oct 17, 12 13:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
O.k. a couple other slowpokes posted so I won't be shy:

Race day weight: 116 lbs
2008 Felt B2 with Enve Carbon 45MMwheels, Powertap G3 Hub, New Michelin pro 4 tire on the back and an old pro 3 on the front (that wasn't really part of the plan but due to a user error which caused my rear wheel to pop off the day before IMMT resulting in scratched up sidewalls on what had been a Michelin pro 3).
Avg power 125 watts (I haven't actually uploaded my power tap to Golden Cheetah yet for all the other data. I've been too busy). I don't know the normalized or other stats--will have to look that up.
Stopped 1x to remove arm warmers and a wind vest and toss them in a drop zone.
Stopped a second time at bike special needs.
Bike Split: 6:19
Quote Reply
Re: Did you do IMMT with power? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
SatMark wrote:
OK, I'll play.

139 pounds

OK, I feel much better about my "lack of aeroness". I also had a special needs stop did 5:25, off 188W average at around the same weight...but my watts were SRM, so we are essentially in the same ballpark.....my 2 minutes slower might be explained by my slow rubber in that you had latex tubes and I had butyl.

Dev

You're a monster Dev!

5hr flat, 190lbs, dunno the wattst but avg should be around 265-275...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5:11 on 202 watts/212 NP
6'0, 165 pounds
Trek SC with 808 FC's/latex tubes/aero jacket

No mishaps, and almost exactly even splits between the two laps (within a minute or so).

In terms of riding style, I tended to pass a lot of people on the flats and descents, and to get passed frequently on the climbs. Pretty aggressive fit (18.5 cm of drop), so this makes some sense. Fit image below.

--
Follow my endurance sport antics and ruminations on my blog, http://www.rememberingjaron.com.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race weight 145 lbs.
AP 146
NP 162
VI 1.11
Bike Time 6:10 Garmin "Moving Time" 6:06:30 so 3 1/2 minutes between special needs and one port-o-potty stop

Guru Chrono - 808 Front Zipp Disc Back (all 3 not current models). Bontrager R4 Aero front/ Mich Pro Race 3 rear w/ latex tubes.

Middle of the road aero position leaning towards less aero ( similar to Scott_D photo above)
Quote Reply
Re: Did you do IMMT with power? [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mouaaaaaah.

4:57.
238NP. IV 1.05
150lb 5'11.
Quote Reply
Re: Did you do IMMT with power? [alex_emetique] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread has finally inspired my to dump my power files from the race.

Race weight - 145ish
Felt S22, disc cover rear, stock TTR3 up front
Conti Force/Attack tires with latex tubes

126 AP
156 NP

6:17 moving time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'11
250w
4:58.