Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 rear gear options
Quote | Reply
I'm grabbing a 2013 QR cd0.1 with di2. I believe it comes with shimano 105 11-25 10spd. I'm going to upgrade the wheels and wanted to know if it would be a good idea to have an 11spd hub installed or not? Pros/cons? I live in the Gulf Coast of Florida, so it's fairly flat terrain that I'm riding on almost always.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 rear gear options [J Crew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The whole idea with having lots of gears is so that you always have the "right" gear. But, it doesn't seem to mater, whether I have a 5 speed rear cluster or 11 speed, there are always situations where I would like a gear "in between" what I have. IF you can run an 11-23 I suppose you'd be OK, using that massive 23 as a climbing bail out gear :). Riding in Florida may mean this is an option but where I live, in the mountains, it isn't.

So, yes, go to 11 speed and get an 11-23.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 rear gear options [BCDon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I've been doing alittle more reading and I'm unclear what the stock rear setup is on the bike. Is it a 10 or 11 spd?

Also, I figured that if it was a 10spd that the RD was programmable, but I'm unclear on that as well. It seems like I'd actually need to buy a new RD if the stock setup is 10spd.

Any input on this is much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 6770 r/d can not be programed to 11
You would need to get a 6870 r/d
If you are shopping for wheels get 11spd hub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J Crew wrote:
So I've been doing alittle more reading and I'm unclear what the stock rear setup is on the bike. Is it a 10 or 11 spd?

Also, I figured that if it was a 10spd that the RD was programmable, but I'm unclear on that as well. It seems like I'd actually need to buy a new RD if the stock setup is 10spd.

Any input on this is much appreciated.

I think you are pretty confused as well... :)

DI2 comes in a few flavors...

1.Original Dura Ace 7970... 10 speed
2. Ultegra 6770... also 10 speed
3. Dura Ace 9070 11 speed
4. Ultegra 6870 11 speed

U need to see what your new bike comes with.

As to wheels... if you are going to upgrade... I would recommend going 11 speed if buying new. You can always use the 11>10 speed spacer to use your 10 speed cassette. If you already have 10 speed wheels and have 11 speed DI2 on your new bike... you have no choice but to upgrade your wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 rear gear options [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it and thanks for the information and advice. It comes with the ultegra di2... but spec sheet doesn't name tlwhich version.

I am shopping wheels and will go ahead and get 11spd hub.

Thanks again.
Quote Reply