Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 Question Shiv: Junction A
Quote | Reply
Hello all,

I am going to place junction A in my down tube and connect brake shifters and TT shifters with 2 JC-41's inside bars than run both wires to connect to "junction A" inside downtube. Question, can I use another JC-41 inside of the EW-90 3 port. really do not need indicator and charging since it will be buried. I will access system for charging...via rear derailleur wire and spare junction. I do not know if there is more to the EW-90 insides versus the JC-41.

Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Question Shiv: Junction A [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can piggy back as many JC-41 boxes as you'd like

on mine, i have, EW67 (on top of BB area)-JC-41 middle (hidden)-JC-41front(inside stem)-split to the RW-671 shifters

also don't forget to use the dummy plugs to cover any unused ports
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Question Shiv: Junction A [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, will it function without an EW... junction anywhere?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no, you need a EW67 or EW90. Those are the "brains" of the system. You may be able to get away with EW67 and internal battery, but i'm not certain
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Question Shiv: Junction A [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is what I thought, so much for trying to get off on the cheap!

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ktm520 wrote:
Hello all,

I am going to place junction A in my down tube and connect brake shifters and TT shifters with 2 JC-41's inside bars than run both wires to connect to "junction A" inside downtube. Question, can I use another JC-41 inside of the EW-90 3 port. really do not need indicator and charging since it will be buried. I will access system for charging...via rear derailleur wire and spare junction. I do not know if there is more to the EW-90 insides versus the JC-41.

Cheers.

YES! Thank you for doing this. As others have mentioned, you can add as many as you like. The JC41 really should get a "JC-21" cousin that is nothing more than a female-female connector for jumping the hardwired e-tube components. Sprint shifters on extensions are another one that would help those chasing the last few mm of UCI legality.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply