Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Decent 2nd trainer.
Quote | Reply
My wife and I occsionally want to ride indoors at the same time. I currently have a Cyclops2 that I've had for 2-3 years and like. However I don't see any resaon to spend that much on a trainer that won't be used often at all.

I'm looking for suggestions on cheap trainers. My wife is fairly recreational cyclist and would be using this trainer. So in essence it can be pretty much anything as long as it's stable and fairly easy to set up. Looking for cheap but user friendly I guess.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Decent 2nd trainer. [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rollers? The skills one can learn on a set of these is priceless. And you can get a decent set for around $150.
Quote Reply
Re: Decent 2nd trainer. [Trianthes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Post a note on the classifieds for a used one. With all the new ones Tom D sold somebody may have one. I got a barely used cyclops mag trainer for about $50 earlier this year.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Decent 2nd trainer. [Trianthes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's an idea. I was thinking I would like to get a set some day. How portable are they?

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some fold up nice, but all are pretty light. I use a Trax, but get the smaller rollers - it forces you to work harder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our Nashbar Mag is still going strong after 4 years of a decent amount of use. VERY user friendly, and pretty quiet.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1up. I think that's how it's spelled. Every time I've seen a thread re: trainers, that one comes highly reccommended. Don't have it myself. I have Kurt Kinetic. There's a sale on KK's on Tri-zone.com right now.
Quote Reply