Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: December (Ice) Fish(ing) - post swims here [robertwb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wait until Bo swims his 10;15, now that is a real time for a triathlete in the off season. Of course he is only in his mid 30's, so doesn't make me feel too bad. On the other hand my teamates are not afflicted with youth like Bo, so that does make me feel bad..)-; But they are on my team, so i guess i can feel good (-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
robertwb wrote:
Damn dude - that is nice. That is going to present a big one, old guys or not, that looks right now like a contender for the overall.

regards,
r.b.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure that doesn't beat the 12:01 I posted to your challenge yesterday...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: December (Ice) Fish(ing) - post swims here [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he meant for the team standings, not the individual..And i forgot to ask steve if he subtracted those seconds that he lost while his watch was on the deck or not.. If not, that puts him right around you..
Quote Reply
Re: December (Ice) Fish(ing) - post swims here [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I didn't subtract. I took my watch at "face" value.

Ken, great swim. If we could only swim together, we could probably nail this - another 10 secs or more off our times. Actually, all three of us. Monty is the best tactical swimmer I know, he'd suck our feet for 900 and then hammer us over the last 100. I'm sure he'd keep pace with us.

Ahh, if only Janet was still swimming at my pool.. she's probably in the very low 10:00 range at this time.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those are some fast times. Nice work.

I signed up and will probably do my TT next weekend. My PR is 14:00 so I won't be coming close to low 12s, but hopefully I'll break 14 and set a new PR.

Todays workout:

60x100 on 1:40. scy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's cool Ken - I was referring to the team challenge. You are still top banana for now! Sorry, didn't mean to short you on the props -- that is a fat swim. I will not be there.

r.b.

Bringing you Tweets @ http://twitter.com/findfreestyle and Not just a bunch of drills - A Process.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll probably TT on Saturday and do my long XC ski workout on Sunday or later that day...

Swam 3500 SCM today trying to get some speed endurance ready for the 1000.

3 x 200 (s/p/k)
12 x 50
4 kick w/fins @ 50
4 free tempo @ 45
4 off order IM tempo @ 50

20 x 50 @40 av 34
100 easy kick
20 x 50 @ 40 (10 pull w/paddles, 10 swim with fins)
200 easy

did a tough XC inspired gym session right after... will hit the trainer late tonight...

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: December (Ice) Fish(ing) - post swims here [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you are in the same place as me, the wannabe sub-14 minute club. If you are rolling out 60x100 as your workout, it ain't endurance that you lack! Good luck -- see you at the finish line.

r.b.

Bringing you Tweets @ http://twitter.com/findfreestyle and Not just a bunch of drills - A Process.
Quote Reply
Re: December (Ice) Fish(ing) - post swims here [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First swim in 2 months so . . .
2,000 scy
Warm up, drills, 7x100's, kicks, cooldown. Not as bad as I thought.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: December (Ice) Fish(ing) - post swims here [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Those are some fast times. Nice work.

I signed up and will probably do my TT next weekend. My PR is 14:00 so I won't be coming close to low 12s, but hopefully I'll break 14 and set a new PR.

Todays workout:

60x100 on 1:40. scy.

All free? Sounds dull :-)

My workout today:
6.8 mi run, 51 minutes
3600 yds:

3 x 300 w/u kick the last lap of each
5 x 100 as s/k/dr/sw
4 x 50 on :50
4 x 100 on 1:30 (1:25s)
4 x 150 on 2:15 (1:59-2:00 for all)
4 x 100 on 1:30 (1:17, 1:17, 1:19, 1:16) - pleased there
4 x 50 on :50 eaaaasy
400 c/d

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Dec 12, 11 5:40
Quote Reply
Re: December (Ice) Fish(ing) - post swims here [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt better today...

400 warmup
8x50 @ 50
6x150 @ 2:15
25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 175, 200 -- alt stroke, free
8x50 kick

2875 scm

6 mile run after
Quote Reply
Re: December (Ice) Fish(ing) - post swims here [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
(considering a mini-taper in expectation at another go at that 1000TT prior to a week skiing vacation)

12/12:

900 w/u

3x (150 on 2:15, 2x75 on 1:10, 150 on 2:15, 3x50 on 1:00

75s: 48/49
50s: 31s (last :29)

2800scy

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ken that looks like a really cool set, and you were laying down some pretty nice times. Holding 29s, huh? 11:45 should be no problem!

r.b.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
robertwb wrote:
Ken that looks like a really cool set, and you were laying down some pretty nice times. Holding 29s, huh? 11:45 should be no problem!

r.b.

Alas, I was holding :31s, and hit :29 on the final one.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, that makes me feel better! Funny thing, I have a buddy who is a middle school teacher, and I told him he needed to tighten his game up if he wanted to win the "Public School Teachers" division based on your 12:01. He just emailed me that he thinks he can go 11:45. Game on. I will be purloining your set and combining it with another this evening -- I cam hoping to hit 35 on the fast 50s...

r.b.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
robertwb wrote:
Well, that makes me feel better! Funny thing, I have a buddy who is a middle school teacher, and I told him he needed to tighten his game up if he wanted to win the "Public School Teachers" division based on your 12:01. He just emailed me that he thinks he can go 11:45. Game on. I will be purloining your set and combining it with another this evening -- I cam hoping to hit 35 on the fast 50s...

r.b.

I'm not a teacher, either.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huh? I coulda sworn that you said something about being a teacher... mustabeen some other dude. I guess I just assumed that anyone who is swimming fast in their 50s must have summers off!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
robertwb wrote:
Huh? I coulda sworn that you said something about being a teacher... mustabeen some other dude. I guess I just assumed that anyone who is swimming fast in their 50s must have summers off!

My wife is a teacher; I'm a software developer. The funny thing is that when she has summers off, I have more time, but do less swimming (who wants to be stuck in a pool in the summer?).

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
when she has summers off, I have more time, but do less swimming (who wants to be stuck in a pool in the summer?).

Funny, my buddy takes off swimming entirely during the summer (when he's off) in favour of hiking, biking and gardening.

r.b.

Quote Reply
Re: December (Ice) Fish(ing) - post swims here [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
All free? Sounds dull :-)

Yep, all free. I actually enjoyed the workout. I want to do 100x100 on 1:40 so this was kind of a test set to see if I stand a chance. It was easier than expected so I guess my increased swim volume is paying off.
Quote Reply
Re: December (Ice) Fish(ing) - post swims here [elpete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Upped my swim from 2 weekly swims to 4-5 weekly swims and finally seeing some progress. Want to get faster for the 800m. Any better way to perform these sets would be appreciated.

I'm thinking maybe less rest for my sets? I was thinking my 200 times would be a bit slower.

Today's workout

550 wu
400 kick
5x100 ( 50 drill/50 swim) :15 RI
50 easy
5x200 @ 3:50 ( 3:18-3:20 ) - Surprised how consistent the times were.
100 kick
50 easy
5x100 @ 1:50 (1:31, 1:33, 1:35, 1:35, 1:33 )
50 easy

3200 scm
Last edited by: elpete: Dec 12, 11 19:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5x200 @ 2:50 ( 2:18-2:20 ) - Surprised how consistent the times were.
100 kick
50 easy
5x100 @ 1:50 (1:31, 1:33, 1:35, 1:35, 1:33 ) //

Something does not seem right here, you do 200SCM on the 2;50 holding 2;18's or so, and then what should be a higher rest set of 100's, but you only hold about 1;33?? Did you do the 100's breastroke or something? I cannot figure out if you are really fast, or just bad at writing down splits. If you can hold 1;09 pace for 200's, what are you doing doing 1;33's for 100's on longer rest?? If all this is accurate, i can tell you real quick how to get faster, DO YOU 100's like 100's!!!! That set of 5 should be like 1;05's or better based on your 200 times..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back in the water today. 2200 m

300 wu
4x100 paddles, 30'
10x100 on 2:00
6x50 easy, 30'
200 cd

Good swim for me. First time I've been able to hold a 2min send off on my 100's. It's progress.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're correct. I'm bad at writing down splits. I can't go 1:09 all out 100m. I wrote them down wrong. It's 3:18 not 2:18.

The 200s were on 3:50 coming in at 3:18-3:20. I wasn't really thinking when I logged it was was just concentrating on the last number.
Last edited by: elpete: Dec 12, 11 19:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So 200's in 3;18 on the 3;50 and not 2;50 obviously. That makes sense now. I would tighten up the rest a bit on the 200's to 2;40 once in awhile, and do the 100's on 2;00, but try and hold sub 1;30's there. Mixes it up a bit, more endurance on one set and more speed on the other. Pretty much the basic tenants of training to swim faster, just with 100s of minor variations. WIth those cheater times, you were going to be in the running for top 5 in the 1000tt we are doing around here. WIth your real times, you are in with us 55+ dudes... (-;
Quote Reply

Prev Next