Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dear Abby
Quote | Reply
I am not a regular reader of her column, but these 2 jumped out at me recently. The first is self-explanatory and is a tribute to all of us MOPers and BOPers. The second is a little more obscure. I'm thinking that maybe "Max" is a closet trigeek . . . . . . not that there's anything wrong with that!

http://www.uexpress.com/...c_full_date=20051012

http://www.uexpress.com/...c_full_date=20051010
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Abby [Chi-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those articles appeared in our local paper, both on the same day. I laughed out loud when I read them. I cut the "Max" one out and showed it to my wife, as our son's name is Max. Her response was that Max's mom should get over herself. IMO I don't think Max's mom has any worries until she finds him in a dress, or worse yet, huffing propane in the backyard
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Abby [Trianthes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's quite a coincidence. My son is a 12-year old Max also, but i haven't seen him trying to shave yet. I'm happy if i can get him to wear his pants at the waist.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Abby [Chi-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our Max is 7, and we have the same issue. Does that mean that the issues will get progressively worse as he is already wearing saggy pants so as to display his boxers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it varies by child. We don't have a "crack" problem and seem to have settled on pulling them up somewhere well below the belly button but above the pubic bone. I think it heps that our Max is a string bean, so there's a lot of room to adjust. Now the hair - that's another story altogether . . . . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My blonde-hair blue-eyed 14 year old upper-upper middle class cheerleader neice dresses her toe-headed 3 year old brother with his jeans slung low and tells him "it's okay if your pull-ups show a little.

It just makes me laugh and shake my head.

As for the articles,

1) What an asshole the husband is for being so unsupportive, I wonder how that translates to other parts of their lives. Dick.

She should leave that doctor and tell him why. She should find an athlete who is runner, if not a triathlete.

2) it's all soccer player Michael Beckham's (is it Michael?) fault. He shaves his legs and it widely reported. That mother really needs to chill... that is SUCH not a big deal.

beyourownsuperhero
Last edited by: Action Figure: Oct 14, 05 8:09
Quote Reply