Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

De Soto Customer Service
Quote | Reply
I've been trying for a couple of days to think of a good way to say what I've experienced but haven't been able to come up with the words to match what I really think so please pardon me if this seems a bit rambling.

I went out of a ride in my new tri shorts purchased directly from De Soto and it was the best ride I had ever done. The shorts fit perfectly, stayed where they should and covered what they were supposed to. My back side was as comfortable as it had ever been even though the ride was nearly double of what I had been doing. After I got back I tossed them in the magic basket anxious to have them back (my magic basket cleans my clothes, folds them, and puts them in my drawer after a variable amount of time). The laundry fairy that manages the magic basket calls me at work to deliver the bad news the next day, I have a cut in my shorts. The seams were fine, it was a cut in the actual fabric so it was almost surely something I had done in transit from the bike to the washing machine. I order another pair immediately to get them enroute before my first Tri of the year and then drop an email to De Soto asking if there was anything we can do to fix them.

Now, keep in mind this is the age of businesses running customer support like it's a tumor and should be cut off if it wouldn't kill them (at least that's been my experience in the last decade with all other businesses). Within a couple of hours I get an email back from Emilio letting me know that they would take care of the shorts and not to worry about it. The PRESIDENT of the company is actually responding to my customer service question!

De Soto has not only earned my first choice spot in triathlon apparel but with their fantastic customer support they have shut the door any other companies even getting a first look. I won't even try on another company's gear.
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Customer Service [Adam C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The PRESIDENT of the company is actually responding to my customer service question!

Emilio is the man!!

http://wardmoya.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Within a couple of hours I get an email back from Emilio letting me know that they would take care of the shorts and not to worry about it.

A couple of hours??? Emilio usually replies in a coupla minutes!

Coach at KonaCoach Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing that. I'm in the market for some new tri shorts and was thinking of buying some priced lower than De Sotos. You post pretty much made me change my mind. Emilio (or one of his sales staff) will be hearing from me soon.

On a side note: I've had excellent customer service such as this from Profile Design.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'll probably find several dozen threads on this same topic. Not many folks in this business do it better than Emilio does. The kudos are well deserved, and the products are not too shabby either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup - we have seen posts like yours for years. This is nothing new from the best customer service company I have ever heard of (and experienced myself personally) in any field.

Might as well bump this thread a little for those rare triathletes that are on the fence about any DeSoto products. Easiest decision in triathlon (and you know how we just love to comb over the ridiculous details instead of just train....) :-)

Re: De Soto Customer Service [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What rroof said.

I e-mailed them a while back about sending in my T1 bibjohns to get a tear in the crotch repaired.
(I'd love to say it was from too much 'stress' in that area ;-) , but it was just pilot error one time whilst putting it on)
E-mail in response came from Emilio personally.

I sent it in, and got an e-mail to confirm they'd gotten it, and to confirm my address to send it back.
Got it back in perfect condition the other day, and looking forward to using it this weekend.
PS - other than my postage to send it there, this was all FREE.

Outstanding products and amazing customer service. An unbeatable combination.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As other have said, you, my friend, have experienced the extraordinary that Desoto makes routine. Their customer service is the only thing better than their products.

what means this word 'change'? .....
Rappstar
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Customer Service [rrfr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep!

"It is not the great things we do in life that really matter, it's the small things we do with a great heart..."-Mother Theresa
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Customer Service [trifan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Naah - the Desoto Tri shorts are the most comfortable tri shorts I have ever purchased and worn, hands down. Half the time coming out of the water I honestly keep looking down because I don't think they're on any more and that's the truth.

Maybe that could be the new tagline for their shorts "DeSoto Tri Shorts - so smooth, you'll think you're naked!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Last edited by: NamssoB: May 17, 07 18:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am I really the ONLY person reading this who wants a magic basket / laundry fairy?

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Customer Service [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL! I have one of those magic fairy baskets as well! Actually, when I can't find a particular sponsor jersey or whatever, I'm half embarrassed to ask her where it might me since I have NO idea ...

Re: De Soto Customer Service [NamssoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a very similar reaction. When i first tried the forza tri shorts on i had to actually look to see that there was a chamois, sure enough it was there. The shorts really fit amazing, the chamois is the best ive used for the bike and they are also my favorite shorts to run in period. I really dont think its possible to make these shorts any better. Emilio was super helpful with my questions also.
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Customer Service [NamssoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's funny! I think Emilio should take that under advisement.

I do agree that they're more comfortable than any other tri short.

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Customer Service [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Am I really the ONLY person reading this who wants a magic basket / laundry fairy?"

What a sham, I checked the Desoto web site and they don't even carry these "magic laundry baskets". Does that come with the shorts or what? ;-)

Mike D
Quote Reply