Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Dare I ask .. Supergo
Quote | Reply
Supergo is having what looks like a pretty good sale on their own brand road bikes, Scattante. $1500 for a carbon monocoque frame w/ ultegra 10 speed.

This seems like a very good price for a bike. Any comments? My friend is looking for a road bike. 1500 is pretty much the most he can spend. They also have a Felto F80 for $749 which also seems like a good price. It'll be his first real road bike.

Thx.

John
Quote Reply
Re: Dare I ask .. Supergo [TriHanrahan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is actually a very nice bike. I have very briefly took one for a spin (local guy at club rides got one of the SC-R or something versions and I always try to ride bikes when I can - same thing with new cars/trucks too :). Actually very nice - smooth, Full Ultegra and very light. Absolutely a great deal. Might not be for many on this board (hell, I'm considering a $400 nite rider light set for fall and we spend more than the entire price of that bike on race wheels for 90 secs over a 40K), but seemed very well built to me.

Quote | Reply
Supergo is a good company. One of their specialities is finding Asian manufacturers who make nice stuff for the "name brand" companies and buy a few container-loads on the cheap for themselves.

I've shopped there numerous times and have been treated very well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's a hard deal to beat. The frames are made by martec, who makes frmaes for many other companies as well. As a warning, IMO, the Supergo in Chandler AZ can't fit bikes very well. Everyone ends up with an upturned stem and lots of spacers.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You may be able to find some really good deals on Specialized and Giant as SuperGo/ Performance is dropping them from all their stores. I will be in a holding pattern for a few more weeks as things shake loose.

John Teeters
866-508-4676
john@triumph-multisport.com
http://www.triumph-multisport.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tend to avoid bikes with "scat" in the name...
Quote Reply
Re: Dare I ask .. Supergo [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, don't be a party pooper!
Quote Reply
Re: Dare I ask .. Supergo [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx for the responses! We're in Seattle area so we'll avoid AZ.

J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A guy I ride with got one last year, he loves it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've heard only good things about these bikes. There are a few people around here that talk highly of them, and at $1500 for ultegra you're getting full carbon for a steal. If I was in the market for a road bike I'd be seriously thinking of that one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a full Ultegra triple /alum (Easton Ultralight)/ carbon fork rig I bought from them last year. Love it. Light as a feather and rides like a charm. Several buddies got them after checking mine out and riding them. $1,000 for full Ultegra. The only changes I made where an Azoto seat to replace the torture device they packaged with it and put a shorter stem on it. I would do it again.
Quote Reply
Re: Dare I ask .. Supergo [XXX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But......But.....But???? It's not a Cervelo.

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a Cat 3 friend of mine has one of their Easton AL frames that he loves. its his rain bike with full record and its his fave. weighs in a 17.7 pounds, with no 'uber' gram saving parts.

-zakk

Death Squad Cycling Club
http://www.ridethedeath.com

"Why is that people will drop $2000 on race wheels and a few c-notes for an ugly tattoo and then balk at the race fee?" - Blackie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've heard negative comments about the seatpost on the scattante but it looks like pretty good all-around. Another option might be this

http://www.bikesdirect.com/...mmortalforce_pre.htm

Check out some of their other deals too. You've got to check back fairly often.

Maybe you could get the scattante decal removed and replace it with something sounding sexy exotic.

----------------------------------------------------------
Someone once accused me of being swimfan. I miss that guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have bought pretty much 95% of my gear at Supergo. The sales folks there hooked my wife and I up and were always SUPER helpful. My first purchase was a Scattante R660 double. Problem was, the top tube length left me a bit too stretched out. Before I had figured that out, I had returned it after one ride for a triple, and then the third day, decided the bike, though excellent quality, just didn't fit me well. I switched to one of the Specialized Transition models that fits me perfectly. At least I think it does.
Anyway, everyone I've spoken to seems to agree the Scattante is a great bike for the money, and is made at the same factory as many other bike brands anyway.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Dare I ask .. Supergo [G1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You had better get the stuff from Supergo now. Performance bought them out last month and just like with Nashbar they (Performance) will be jacking prices up to the level of your LBS. It's great to get cheap quality at LBS prices from Performance.

-------------------------------------------------
Latest Duct tape QR Superfull fashion model
Quote Reply
Re: Dare I ask .. Supergo [triumph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]You may be able to find some really good deals on Specialized and Giant as SuperGo/ Performance is dropping them from all their stores. I will be in a holding pattern for a few more weeks as things shake loose.[/reply]

That's somewhat shocking. I'm pretty sure Supergo is the world's biggest Specialized dealer. That would be a big blow.

Quote | Reply
Here is the link to the break-up

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/...ontent_id=1001000850

Performance is also dropping the SuperGo name in favor of Performance - similiar to Bike Nashbar.

John Teeters
866-508-4676

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the 04 version of the Supergo CFR. Road it at IMLP last month (gasp! - a road bike in a triathlon!) and with the local roadies. Great bike for the price. People do not make fun of me to my face (at least not about the bike :)

One word of warning. People (on review forums) have complained about the shipping. If it comes in the original factory box, which is flimsy, there is a good chance it will get damaged before it gets to you, so be sure to check over the bike after it arrives.
Quote Reply
Re: Dare I ask .. Supergo [triumph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I wonder what they are going to replace those brands with besides Schwinn/GT. It will be unusual to have a big bike store that doesn't sell Trek, Cannondale, Specialized or Giant.

Quote | Reply
I have one of those too.
Quote Reply
Re: Dare I ask .. Supergo [dire wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are increasing their commitment with Fuji.

John Teeters
866-508-4676

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love mine. Could care less what brand name sticker is on the frame. The only bad thing about the bike were the FSA RD400 wheels that came with mine. Other than that, very good purchase. don't be fooled by all the people kissing brand names asses. For $3k I have a Carbon frame road bike with Powertap SL.

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know. I think there's something to be said for having a bike with a name like Trek or Lemond or Cervelo, bikes you 've seen raced, bikes you've seen some thought and passion put into.

buying up a bunch of asian frames cheap just doesn't move me.

It might seem like a silly intangible , but I wouldn't even have a supergo stem on my bike. I feel better about supporting companies that support cycling totally. sponsoring teams. keeping my local bike shop in business.

buying that noname stuff doesnt' do anything for the sport .

"the trouble with normal is - it always gets worse"

- Cockburn
Quote Reply
Re: Dare I ask .. Supergo [yeahitsgotahemi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was under the impression that Performance bought SuperGo several years ago. Did they not? Was it all a dream? What's that gramma? Step toward the light?
Quote Reply

Prev Next