Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DO NOT pee in your wetsuit!!
Quote | Reply
For years I've heard people say that Pam and Vaseline or a wetsuits biggest enemies. "They'll rot the rubber..." I'm told. Well for years I've slathered a heavy layer of Vaseline on the collar of my Orca, because it's that or bleed, and I empty two thirds of a can of Pam into the legs for easy removal, and into the arms and shoulders for greater mobility. I have greased this wetsuit with a vengeance in the last three years, hoping and praying that it would disintegrate so that I could justify a new suit, but to no avail.

Well this spring I noticed that my wetsuit is coming apart at the seems in the general vicinity of my nads. Now unlike Deisel, I don't claim to be putting an inordinate amount of pressure on those seems due to the massiveness of my manhood. I'm Irish, and I've never scared a woman with what I'm packin'... But like many of you, I've been known to pee in my wetsuit pre race.

Apparently digested Cytomax is highly corrosive to either rubber or stitching!!

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: DO NOT pee in your wetsuit!! [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You pee in your wetsuit? I never even peed in a rental suit. I must be always dehydrated.
Quote Reply
Re: DO NOT pee in your wetsuit!! [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You pee in your wetsuit?"
- - Did I say that? Umm, well, uh... What I meant was that I sometimes pee in it, but only when I'm alone in the water and way out to see, never at the beginning of a race or around people you know, cuz that would be gross. I mean I don't actually PEE in it, I just, well, you know, I, uh, umm that is ahhh what I meant by that was, uh...

Don't hold me accountable, I was molested as a child!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm Irish, and I've never scared a woman with what I'm packin'...

My vote for Post of the Day!

"Pace is just a matter of having enough RedBull..." -Rappstar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never pee'd in mine (It's too tight around there and i'm too used to standing, seeing a urinal, etc.) and my seams are fine. Your hypothesis is interesting but maybe your butt grew and it's making the seams down there come apart.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps Pam and Vaseline actually preserve the rubber indefinitely. So that's why they don't want us using it!... And that would explain why condoms are covered with the stuff - and their expiration dates are like...2013!

Thank you CE. I will now be major slathering in less than 48 hours in Memphis!

Coach at KonaCoach Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: DO NOT pee in your wetsuit!! [auto208562] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"maybe your butt grew and it's making the seams down there come apart."
- - OK, so don't FART in your wetsuit either!! (Although that would certainly help flotation.) Come to think of it, I usually fart after I pee, so maybe that's what did it...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps you're not pulling up the legs far enough, and it's causing stress when you walk / run.

I almost suggested you put some Pam there too as it seems to preserve the wetsuit, but that might not work so well when you get to the bike... ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In response to your post:

1. I'm Irish, and I and my diminutive manhood are offended by the racist-nature of your post.

2. I ALWAYS pee in my wetsuit. First of all, it's the only way to ward off the dreadful creep of cold water slowly climbing your legs, getting closer and closer to your cowering testicles. Secondly, it just feels soooooo good.

3. Perchance, if peeing in your wetsuit was bad for it, Emilio would have let us know a long time ago.

3. Mission accomplished! Get that new wetsuit! And thank your corrosive pee for it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Peeing in a wetsuit is one of life's small pleasures regardless of the cost.

Here is the wetsuit version of peeing on the bike - can you pee in your wetsuit while swimming? This came up on the boat before the start of Alcatraz a couple of years ago and most people in the general vicinity said they could. I cannot.
-----------

Born again Heathen
In Case of Keith Moon - Break This Glass
Ironman Certified Coach
USAT Certified Coach
Precision Nutrition Certified
Quote Reply
Re: DO NOT pee in your wetsuit!! [cooterbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"can you pee in your wetsuit while swimming?"
- - Yes, but I have to stop kicking.

Quote Reply
Re: DO NOT pee in your wetsuit!! [tribreck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I and my diminutive manhood are offended by the racist-nature of your post."
- - Sorry, we're not organized, so we don't have any particular rights to protect us from anti-Gaelic slurs. So you can still say "Mic," but as Mel Brooks found out, you can only say "Ni..."

"if peeing in your wetsuit was bad for it, Emilio would have let us know a long time ago."
- - Yeah right, the guy who makes his living selling new wetsuits is going to tell you not to do anything that might cause you to need one? Besides, my mother used to drive a De Soto. I'd never trust a man named after that crappy station wagon...

Quote Reply
Re: DO NOT pee in your wetsuit!! [Terra-Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
your condoms are covered with Pam or vaso?? I hope not

Besides, condoms are made from different material than wetsuits...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"...digested Cytomax is highly corrosive..."

ha!

sure its not some of that supposed water you are swimming through...as opposed to the released liquids?

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same thing happened to my wetsuit, I pissed holes in it!!! LOL

Then, come to think of it, I am hung like a spider monkey?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm Irish, and I've never scared a woman with what I'm packin'...
You didn't put the most important part on the end of that. I'm Irish too, so: Yeah, its short, but its as big around as a Coke can. Its like 2 hockey pucks stacked on top of each other.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can attest from personal experience that your alleged correlation between small equipment size and being Irish is utterly false.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<quote> I'm Irish, and I've never scared a woman with what I'm packin'... But like many of you, I've been known to pee in my wetsuit pre race. </quote>

LOL.
It is not about your heritage though, you spend 20 hours a week training in what ? lets see, speedos, Bike shorts, tri shorts, wetsuit, running tights, spandex,... now which of these exactly encourage your manhood to preserve its size ? While you expect your propelling muscles to adapt to the training stress you are exposing them to, your other body parts also adapt to the side effects! One of my non-triathlete friends who is also proud of the size of genital he is blessed with, once asked us if we unscrewed ours and left it at home while training.

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative." Oscar Wilde
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"DO NOT pee in your wetsuit!"

Crap! Now you tell me! And I was thinking I had really accomplished something when I was able to empty me bladder during the swim at IMAZ. Now what am I gonna do? Emilio?????

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: DO NOT pee in your wetsuit!! [Jim Mishler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"sure its not some of that supposed water you are swimming through...as opposed to the released liquids?"
- - Hmm, that might explain what's happened to my face over the last twenty years. But then why is my wetsuit only coming apart at the crotch?

Hey, the sell crotchless panties for big bucks, I wonder...

Quote Reply
Re: DO NOT pee in your wetsuit!! [legonis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"now which of these exactly encourage your manhood to preserve its size ?"
- - You mean having sex onece a month doesn't take care of that?

Quote Reply
Post deleted by GARodgers [ In reply to ]
Re: DO NOT pee in your wetsuit!! [GARodgers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe peeing in the pool explains why my swimsuit disintegrates after awhile?
Quote Reply
Re: DO NOT pee in your wetsuit!! [GARodgers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speedboats have rudders. Cut the crotch out and you'll have a speedsuit with a rudder. You'll be able to make the turns at the buoys at full throttle.[/reply]Unless you get stuck in the sand.
Quote Reply
Re: DO NOT pee in your wetsuit!! [rundru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Cut the crotch out and you'll have a speedsuit with a rudder. You'll be able to make the turns at the buoys at full throttle."
- - Or fish might mistake it for a worm...

Quote Reply