Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DAN - Diet Poll needs to include gluten free diet
Quote | Reply
Dan,

I am not sure what information you are after with the latest poll, but you may want to include a gluten free option.

There are a number of athletes who are gluten free by choice.

Just a thought!
Last edited by: themadcyclist: Feb 9, 17 17:27
Quote Reply
Re: DAN - Diet Poll needs to include gluten free diet [themadcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, Dairy is included in a vegetarian diet, and veggie including fish is a pescetarian
Quote Reply
Re: DAN - Diet Poll needs to include gluten free diet [themadcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
themadcyclist wrote:
Dan,

I am not sure what information you are after with the latest poll, but you may want to include a gluten free option.

Just a thought!
Surely that fits fine into "Some other selective diet"
Quote Reply
Re: DAN - Diet Poll needs to include gluten free diet [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps, but that doesn't let athletes announce to the world that they are gluten free.

Ai_1 wrote:
themadcyclist wrote:
Dan,

Just a thought!

Quote Reply
Re: DAN - Diet Poll needs to include gluten free diet [AlwaysCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlwaysCurious wrote:
Perhaps, but that doesn't let athletes announce to the world that they are gluten free.

Ai_1 wrote:
themadcyclist wrote:
Dan,

Just a thought!

They should be thankful not to be given the opportunity to humiliate themselves!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dunno, this gives them the opportunity to start a whole thread about how they're gluten free...
Quote Reply
Re: DAN - Diet Poll needs to include gluten free diet [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh dear, I fear you may be right....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
Oh dear, I fear you may be right....
There's no stopping it now. People that wish they had celiac disease also wish you knew about it. 3, 2, 1...

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: DAN - Diet Poll needs to include gluten free diet [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think the poll needs to redone. better options are:
- vegan
- vegetarian (fish and dairy)
- gluten free
- paleo
- low carb
- high carb
- free for all.
Quote Reply
Re: DAN - Diet Poll needs to include gluten free diet [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then we'll also need:
  • High fat, low protein, vegan
  • High fat, low carb, vegan
  • High fat, low protein, vegetarian
  • High fat, low carb, vegetarian
  • High fat, low protein, pescatarian
  • High fat, low carb, pescatarian
  • High fat, low protein, vegan, gluten free
  • High fat, low carb, vegan, gluten free
  • High fat, low protein, vegetarian, gluten free
  • High fat, low carb, vegetarian, gluten free
  • High fat, low protein, pescatarian, gluten free
  • High fat, low carb, pescatarian, gluten free
  • High fat, low carb, hates animals and glutenites

Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
Quote Reply
Re: DAN - Diet Poll needs to include gluten free diet [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I won't eat anything yellow but I'm also colorblind. So I wouldn't say my diet is 'selective'. If I'm alone and eating foods I'm unfamiliar with, my diet is more hopeful than anything.

This survey is indeed quite incomplete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am GF going on 9 years now. Not not by choice. Not celiac either.

Clindamycin antibiotic side effects. Google it. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. There is a cure: http://www.openbiome.org/

But no one will prescribe this except for a c.Diff infection resistant to antibiotics (oh the irony...) As if that is the only gut bacteria that can cause problems. It's just the one most known to science.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about:
I will jump on every food fab that comes up..........
Quote Reply
Re: DAN - Diet Poll needs to include gluten free diet [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right. I forgot about "Fruitarian, still have teeth" and "Fruitarian with dentures".

Quote Reply
Re: DAN - Diet Poll needs to include gluten free diet [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pooks wrote:
I won't eat anything yellow but I'm also colorblind.

I'm genuinely trying to work out if you're being serious. I think you're not, but on the internet you can never quite be sure.
Quote Reply
Re: DAN - Diet Poll needs to include gluten free diet [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
Pooks wrote:
I won't eat anything yellow but I'm also colorblind.

I'm genuinely trying to work out if you're being serious. I think you're not, but on the internet you can never quite be sure.

how is he going to select pink ... ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: DAN - Diet Poll needs to include gluten free diet [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very good!
Quote Reply
Re: DAN - Diet Poll needs to include gluten free diet [sunray1985] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"pescetarian"

the poll originally had that word. then i repented of it because i didn't want to have to explain what that was.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: DAN - Diet Poll needs to include gluten free diet [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty much the same deal for me. Horrible gastro-infection about 8 years ago and never recovered the ability to digest gluten beyond trace amounts, I don't do a good job with dairy or cruciferous veg. either. Ive improved gradually with probiotics but Im not willing to go through the pain of trying to reintroduce. Its not so bad, I feel like the vast majority of glutenous foods are just empty carbs anyways so this keeps me out of trouble.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: DAN - Diet Poll needs to include gluten free diet [AlwaysCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you are trapped on an island and need to eat one of your fellow strandees, definitely eat the gluten-free one first. The meat is more tender, and as a bonus you won't have to listen to them talk about it any more

Quote Reply