Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cyclops Virtual Training and Android phones with ANT+
Quote | Reply
The perfpro vs trainerroad discussion got me thinking about Cyclops Virtual Training again, particularly the Android app. Looking for an indoor solution with workouts that I can run on my phone. I have a Quarq and a Galaxy S5.

I'm confused by the Cyclops compatibility table on their webpage. It says that I need an ANT+ mini USB stick. I'm not sure what for? If I'm running the app on my Android which has ANT+ capability baked in, why do I need a USB stick and what do I plug it in to? I already use Wahoo Fitness on my phone and don't need any additional hardware to make it talk to my Quarq.

I assume they just include this to cover phones that don't handle ANT+ radio services natively.

And on another note, anyone using this on their tablet/phone? Any good? I love TR but only have my work laptop to run it on, and lately I've been preferring to leave my laptop at work so I don't have to cart it around when I ride in (the long and hilly way round).
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclops Virtual Training and Android phones with ANT+ [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Virtual Training on a Note 3 and works great. No issues. Other than the fact that I am an Apple Fanboy :)

Don't need an ANT+ USB stick for it to work, although I have one for Zwift.

I haven't used their workout plans yet, I use Sufferfest and other videos in Free Ride mode.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclops Virtual Training and Android phones with ANT+ [shumster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers shumster.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclops Virtual Training and Android phones with ANT+ [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run TR on my iPhone, needed the Wahoo and an Apple dongle. Also, got the Koomus mount for $20 that works well and adjusts very easily for either my iPhone 6 or my wife's 6+ which is better if I'm also watching Netflix.

Only two complaints are:

1). You have to remove phone case to use the dongle. With slippery hands after a hard ride, dropped it and cracked screen ($125 to fix).
2). You can't watch Netflix at same time with TR data running on screen, need to toggle back and forth or use a laptop in addition.

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply