Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Crowie back in Kona?
Quote | Reply
In a new interview Crowie sounds like he's in Ironman build mode and may race Kona in Sept. if he's healthy and ready.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kao0VBXuEjI 1:50 in interview.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie back in Kona? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kona is in october.
Last edited by: bchambliss10: Jul 22, 14 7:31
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie back in Kona? [bchambliss10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bchambliss10 wrote:
kona is in october.

Yep, you're right. I guess he was talking about assessing his fitness in mid Sept. for Kona in Oct.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bchambliss10 wrote:
kona is in october.

... details, details.

Challenge Weymouth (new race) is in early October I think.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bchambliss10 wrote:
kona is in october.

There must be a different race in Kona; one that is in September.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
C.R.E.A.M Cash Rules Everything Around Me.

In it for an appearnace fee I would assume.

----------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Crowie back in Kona? [wpg_wild_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Wu-tang clan does need some international spice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is training hard for 7th place.
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie back in Kona? [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emotionally; I'd love to see Crowie in Kona again. Realistically; I don't think Crowie could pull off a 7th in Kona now due to training, other commitments and injuries. I just don't think Crowie would be prepared the way that he'd like and needs.
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie back in Kona? [nstearns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nstearns wrote:
Emotionally; I'd love to see Crowie in Kona again. Realistically; I don't think Crowie could pull off a 7th in Kona now due to training, other commitments and injuries. I just don't think Crowie would be prepared the way that he'd like and needs.

Really tough to say. Kona is a different race and all he needs to do is swim with the front pack, be conservative on bike and unleash his run. Last year at Kona he had that flat early at the bottom of Palani. Although he only lost 1 minute, to catch back up to the group he burned way too many matches. I think he could pull of a 7th or even a top 5, or outside chance for podium if he had an ideal day. I really expect this years race to be blown apart. Starky year 2, Kienle and Weiss combo could be deadly as well. I think this is going to be a really interesting year with lots of carnage on both the bike and the run, and playing it conservative might be the way to go.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie back in Kona? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm rooting hard for Starky, his run has come a long way. His bike split will be incredible no doubt.

I'm hoping for a ton of wind on the queen k this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope so! He's so fun to watch and great for our sport. If he is 100% he's always got a chance.

Owner of Dream Big Triathlon Coaching LLC
http://www.dreambigtriathloncoaching.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie back in Kona? [BorrachoMatador] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Starky is riding even stronger and definitely running better. Look at Racine. If it was smoother pavement, he probably goes 1:58 there and ran really strong.

Of course Kienle appears to be riding, running AND swimming better too.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie back in Kona? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can someone explain to me why Starky likes a lot of wind and choppy water for the races? Is this because he is a bigger guy and there is some sort of advantage (more power)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because it plays to his strengths being a super strong swimmer/biker. Those conditions force the runners to work way harder, which gives him the advantage (on paper)
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie back in Kona? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
nstearns wrote:

Really tough to say. Kona is a different race and all he needs to do is swim with the front pack, be conservative on bike and unleash his run. Last year at Kona he had that flat early at the bottom of Palani. Although he only lost 1 minute, to catch back up to the group he burned way too many matches. I think he could pull of a 7th or even a top 5, or outside chance for podium if he had an ideal day. I really expect this years race to be blown apart. Starky year 2, Kienle and Weiss combo could be deadly as well. I think this is going to be a really interesting year with lots of carnage on both the bike and the run, and playing it conservative might be the way to go.

I agree with you all the way. I'm sure you saw the interviews; but in one Crowie said his back injury flared up again and he had to walk the Kona marathon for a while (it also flared up at Kona 2 years ago). First time ever for him in Kona. Crowie has also had issues with a sore back this year and dropped out of a race because of it; so I was taking that into account too.

I absolutely agree with you about Kona too. I imagine that Starky, Kienle and Weiss will blow the race apart on the bike again this year. It'll be interesting to see if Starky doesn't get sick on the bike this time and how that effects the dynamics of the race.

It would be cool to see you running on the webcast again too :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NJSteve wrote:

-signed middle of the pack AG

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NJSteve wrote:

For the win!

Later!

Brian

Swim. Bike. Run. Repeat as necessary.
Welcome to the Church of Briantriology!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
can someone explain to me why Starky likes a lot of wind and choppy water for the races? Is this because he is a bigger guy and there is some sort of advantage (more power)?
Because he thinks his competitors are pussies and he's the man. Just kidding, partly ;)
Last edited by: sp1ke: Jul 23, 14 8:17
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie back in Kona? [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
Quote:

Because he thinks his competitors are pussies and he's the man. Just kidding, partly ;)

Probably correct, and also awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie back in Kona? [nstearns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nstearns wrote:

It would be cool to see you running on the webcast again too :)

Never say never, but I have a long way to go to get the necessary points if I want to even have a chance to be in that position again.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply