Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critique My Position - Road Bike with Vision Mini TT Bar
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to achieve the best position posible on my Kestrel Talon SL (48cm) using Vision TT Mini aerobar. I have no spacers and the stem is 70mm.
The Kestrel has a dual postion seatpost and I've tried the bars in both the forward and rear seatpost positions.
The first two pics are with the seatpost in the rear position and the last two are in the forward position.[/img][/img][/img][/img]
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Position - Road Bike with Vision Mini TT Bar [pippi63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

looks pretty good, ears in front of the elbows.

Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Position - Road Bike with Vision Mini TT Bar [pippi63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i agree....looks like a good position to me too....seat forward would be more efficient from what i see....as the knee loks to be over the middle of the pedal

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you Sigourney Weaver's daughter?

Also, do you usually ride the bike in the forawrd or rearward setting, because in either case you're no lower on the aerobars than you would be tucked on the drops (though you will be narrower and more comfortable), so I'd go with the position you are most used to riding in at this point. IMO the rearward setting looks slightly more comfortable and ther arms are in a better position. relative to the ground.

Stuff I like:
PBscience Triathlon Coaching and Lab Testing
Last edited by: fade: Apr 13, 07 3:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Pippi. Riding on the hoods would be better on the neck of the sti's than in that part of the handlebar you are holding when upright. Or, the tops as in the horizontal part between the curve and your mini clipons.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Position - Road Bike with Vision Mini TT Bar [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to carry on the slowtwitch tradition "seats to high"
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Position - Road Bike with Vision Mini TT Bar [Earlp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL. I had my seat lower when I was origninally fit (FIST certified). However, I joined a road club last year and the owner of the shop and former pro roadie suggested raising the saddle (about an inch). When we were riding in a cgoup he thought that having the saddle lower compromised the handling of the bike. He said this was really apparent when we were doing echelons. I have to say that raising the saddle did improve this, also I was further back from the bottom bracket and this really helped with climbing and my time on the rollers. I think in the end one has to go with what feels "right". Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks pretty good IMHO. I'll be racing my road bike in about the same position for the first sprint tri in May.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Position - Road Bike with Vision Mini TT Bar [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to use my bike for this season, including IM Canada in August. In the fall I'm considering picking up a tri specific bike which will end the road vs tri bike position issue ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're on a Kestrel Talon. Technically you could pick up the dual position aero seat post and ride it in the steeper tri style position with longer aero bars. There would be some compromise in handling stability, but lots of folks ride their Talons this way.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Position - Road Bike with Vision Mini TT Bar [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I've got the dual position seat post and that is what I'm using in these shots. I've had longer bars on the bike before using a pursuit bar. The setup wasn't bad, but I wasn't crazy about it in terms of handling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have to pick the one that's more comfortable, but the more forward your seat goes, the more you'll be supporting your weight with your arms and shoulders. And that can be uncomfortable after a while.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Position - Road Bike with Vision Mini TT Bar [cdanrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, true. The long bike rides will be the test.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pippi,

It looks like u are naturally positioning yourself towards the back of the saddle. This is evident from "too much saddle showing in front of u compared to no saddle showing behind u". Have u tried moving the saddle a little backwards so that u end up sitting in its sweet spot..? Just an observation.

Paul..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pippi, just by looking at you position with the spacers, I'd almost go with a 80 mm stem over a 70 mm. I don't know what others thoughts are here. It might get you more aero, but comfort is also crucial.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Position - Road Bike with Vision Mini TT Bar [fade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Are you Sigourney Weaver's daughter?
I thought the same thing!
Last edited by: bouquek: Apr 13, 07 19:36
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Position - Road Bike with Vision Mini TT Bar [bouquek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but pint size. Kidding. I had a 80 or 90mm stem when first fit with clip-ons, but with only road riding last year I was fit with a 70mm. I try your suggestion and see how it feels. Thanks.
Quote Reply