Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Correlation & Causation
Quote | Reply
For those who both do and don't understand the difference between correlation and causation, this is great - http://tylervigen.com/

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Correlation & Causation [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you die being tangled in your bedsheets?
Quote Reply
Re: Correlation & Causation [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Step 1: get really really old and frail.

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Re: Correlation & Causation [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dutch oven will do it..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was thinking about this the other day on a long ride. This year I've saved zero turtles from the roadside. I've also killed zero squirrels with my bike. Therefore, for every turtle saved, a squirrel must die. Or better yet, they way I prefer to think of it: For every squirrel that I kill, a turtle can be saved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of my favorite websites. I often amuse myself by trying to come up with workable narratives for correlations such as "Number of people killed by falling power lines vs Marriage rate in Alabama."
Quote Reply
Re: Correlation & Causation [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My observation has been for every turtle head observed there has been some nuts close by.. therefore i confirm your squirrel turtle link...
Quote Reply
Re: Correlation & Causation [shadwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. I am in a six sigma black belt class for my job right now.....this will be great for class tomorrow.
Last edited by: NeverEnough: Oct 13, 14 18:47
Quote Reply
Re: Correlation & Causation [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The squirrel and the turtle are both six sigma? That can't be.

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you are likely to consume a lot of pizza in the pursuit of a civil engineering doctorate so perhaps that one is legit.

Coach Brain: Accelerate 3 ; Incoherent Ramblings
Quote Reply
Re: Correlation & Causation [Duckie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duckie wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you are likely to consume a lot of pizza in the pursuit of a civil engineering doctorate so perhaps that one is legit.

Papa John's deliveries to the E-Quad (engineering building) were a very regular occurrence in my college career.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard these guys on a podcast a while back. May have been the skeptics guide to the universe . It's a great site!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply