Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Cool New Garmin Mount On Kickstarter
Quote | Reply
Pretty well thought out if you ask me. Looks to be compatible with a lot, if not most, stems. I'm going to pick one up for my road bike.

https://www.kickstarter.com/...cycle-computer-mount
Quote Reply
Re: Cool New Garmin Mount On Kickstarter [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Pretty well thought out if you ask me. Looks to be compatible with a lot, if not most, stems. I'm going to pick one up for my road bike.

Does any one know in regards to Garmin mounts. Do companies have to pay licensing fees to use the quarter-turn mount?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

Looks like it could work with the Cervelo S5 bars... I like it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love new products but this essentially seems to put the mount in the same spot as my current $12 barfly mount.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Oct 23, 16 19:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a great solution to a problem that doesn't exist
Quote Reply
Re: Cool New Garmin Mount On Kickstarter [friesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I disagree, I refused to use a single arm out front mount simply because aesthetically, I didn't like the way it looked, not balanced and asymmetrical.

I ended up buying a Fetha mount but had to also buy a new Zipp beyond black stem as the bolt spacing on the older versions were to close together.

So, this would have worked and saved me the new stem, but it also appears to work with just about any stem and various Garmins with multiple placing positions depending on preference.
Quote Reply
Re: Cool New Garmin Mount On Kickstarter [dale3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have to agree that this looks like a good solution for mounting Garmin, or such. Other mounts are available, and might be less expensice, but still this is clean, and many options in placement. Besides, when does just meeting basic requirements stop our pursuit of a more elegant solution :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great idea, too expensive.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How strange. My crappy bar-clamp mount still annoys me, so I enquired about one of Tillquist's mounts a few weeks ago but I think he's closed up shop; his stuff looked awesome but I doubt the few euro profit on each one was worth the hassle for him.

I had a look on eBay and found some similar items the end, but they do look a bit shonky:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TUSK-2127-250-Garmin-Cycling-Computer-Stem-Aluminum-Extension-Mount-/201575824348

This Kickstarter looks a bit sleeker, but as someone else mentioned, quite expensive for what it is.

Edited to add: having scrutinised their photos and videos a bit closer, it would appear as though you might only be able to use an Edge 800 or 1000 with it flipped back on top of the stem, they don't show any pictures with those units mounted out-front. It's not really clear what the max extension is, but from the pics and animations it doesn't look like a huge amount; with the 520/820 it looks as though you might struggle to use the buttons on the base of the unit.

I've sent them a question regarding the above seeing as I'm tentatively interesting in backing it, but I can't figure out why on earth they've done 90% of their promotional material using the Edge 200 that was a budget bike computer 5 years ago. Anyone still riding around with one of those on their stem is unlikely to shell out $45 on a streamline mount.
Last edited by: aw3: Oct 24, 16 2:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the same Mount I posted about a few days ago - the three designers/owners run the Cross Team I ride for - the product looks really versatile and I saw the prototypes yesterday look really good.

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Re: Cool New Garmin Mount On Kickstarter [feman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
feman wrote:
This is the same Mount I posted about a few days ago - the three designers/owners run the Cross Team I ride for - the product looks really versatile and I saw the prototypes yesterday look really good.

I'd suggest that they include a dual-sided mount for Garmin and Go-Pro capability.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome looking mount. But too expensive. I'd bite for $20. But almost $50 just seems ridiculous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like this mount. As someone with a front end that is not standard size, most bar mounts don't work. Using the bolts would be a home run for me. Unfortunately, the $45 price point is about $15-20 too high for my tastes.

I also agree that they should make a two sided one so you can mount your Garmin on top & a camera on the bottom.
Quote Reply
Re: Cool New Garmin Mount On Kickstarter [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barfly MTB mount in $60. At least this has some adjustability to it and should fit pretty much any stem. Still a little pricey but would definitely purchase this prior to the Barfly.

Twitter@Forsey37
Last edited by: Forsey: Oct 24, 16 11:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only issue I see is no tilt adjustment. My computer is tilted up a few degrees from the angle of my stem, otherwise it's a little tough to see when it's that far forward. Anybody with a wonky stem setup will also be left out.
Quote Reply
Re: Cool New Garmin Mount On Kickstarter [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pooks wrote:
The only issue I see is no tilt adjustment. My computer is tilted up a few degrees from the angle of my stem, otherwise it's a little tough to see when it's that far forward. Anybody with a wonky stem setup will also be left out.

Agreed. Drawback to this vs. a K-Edge style mount is no tilt adjustment. I have mine tilted slightly up to avoid sun glare on the screen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with some of the sentiment on here - too expensive and not really something solving a problem. I use the Garmin cross mount and the two rubber bands solution to put the Edge 1000 exactly where I want it. Why would I spend that on the same thing, allbeit without the bands. Guess if I were that bothered I'd glue the mount onto the bars?

Not to rubbish these guys - it's something I'd spend perhaps 20 on, but 50 is a bit steep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone, Tim from F3 Cycling here. We have listened to the comments and made some changes. We knew when we engineered this mount we could not be everything to everyone, however we are close. We did just add an update where the Garmin 1000 can sit in a forward position, the mount forward as well. Also, we have added an international shipping option that is less expensive than priority. The materials used are expensive and the mold build/bolts/cnc work is as well - it is a premium product for sure. I hope this info helps. Thank you for reading. https://www.kickstarter.com/...-mount/posts/1720558
Quote Reply
Re: Cool New Garmin Mount On Kickstarter [F3 Cycling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool! Thanks for coming here and giving us an update :)
Quote Reply
Re: Cool New Garmin Mount On Kickstarter [F3 Cycling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it had a GoPro mount under, I'd pay the suggested $$. Otherwise, not for me. I can get the ENVE mount for $40 to fit my ENVE stem. I've been holding off because I wanted a GoPro mount too.
Quote Reply
Re: Cool New Garmin Mount On Kickstarter [karlw2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We announced Go Pro compatibility, so you are in luck!! - see post. FormMount is a platform for a variety of things. It is modular and we will continue to make announcements of attachments. Enjoy!!https://www.kickstarter.com/...-mount/posts/1719562
Quote Reply
Re: Cool New Garmin Mount On Kickstarter [racehd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racehd wrote:
feman wrote:

I'd suggest that they include a dual-sided mount for Garmin and Go-Pro capability.

^^This

I ride with garmin/ go pro up front and fly6 out back.
Quote Reply
Re: Cool New Garmin Mount On Kickstarter [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
see response from Tim the Founder above - hope this helps

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This might be to complicated, but I do night rides on my MTB, if I could get the Garmin up top and the light on the bottom that would be awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Cool New Garmin Mount On Kickstarter [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's really cool. Looks awesome!
Quote Reply

Prev Next