Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Convert my Venge to Electronic
Quote | Reply
ok. So I've pretty much decided to convert my Venge to Ultegra DI2. It's a 2012 with 10 speed hubs. What do I need to know besides

Brifters
Derailleurs
Brakes
Battery

I have a quarq also and am using shimano chain and cassette

Is there anything about the wiring etc that's special? Does that come part of a kit? I've been googling and searching ebay to see what's out there
Quote Reply
Re: Convert my Venge to Electronic [jamgam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
saw this on DCRainmakers Week in Review: looks like its written by someone here

hope this helps
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Need to decide if you are going to run it internally or externally and get the appropriate kit for that (battery, wires, junction box etc). Very easy to route the Venge internally, you should get most of the wires you need in a group and can buy extras if you need them.
Quote Reply
Re: Convert my Venge to Electronic [Mr.Pie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr.Pie wrote:
saw this on DCRainmakers Week in Review: looks like its written by someone here

hope this helps

Wow, thanks. I missed it on DCR's week in review apparently
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Venge internal battery adapter. http://service.specialized.com/.../pdf/IG0436_revA.pdf[/url]

Venge di2 wiring cable stops
Specialized Part# S132000002
http://fcdn.roadbikereview.com/...-owners-grommets.jpg
Last edited by: vkw: Apr 14, 14 19:44
Quote Reply
Re: Convert my Venge to Electronic [ollie3856] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Planning on internal wiring with the seat post battery

One question though. If I have 10 speed now can I use the 6870 as 10 speed and then convert to 11 later if I want? I'd like that if possible because the 6870 will accept up to 32T cassette
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jamgam wrote:

One question though. If I have 10 speed now can I use the 6870 as 10 speed and then convert to 11 later if I want? I'd like that if possible because the 6870 will accept up to 32T cassette

No. the 6870 RD will only run 11 speed.

I run the seat post battery in my Venge. Dont bother with the over priced adapter from Specialized, just wrap it in some foam and a couple zip ties. something like this. http://weightweenies.starbike.com/...php?f=3&t=115008
Quote Reply
Re: Convert my Venge to Electronic [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattAune wrote:
jamgam wrote:

No. the 6870 RD will only run 11 speed.

I run the seat post battery in my Venge. Dont bother with the over priced adapter from Specialized, just wrap it in some foam and a couple zip ties. something like this. http://weightweenies.starbike.com/...php?f=3&t=115008

+1 on using some foam or leftover bar tape, works fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a 54 Venge S-Works with 10speed Dura Ace Di2 with internal battery, I'm thinking about selling. It's the complete bike less crank and wheels. All very nice stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jamgam wrote:

I'm assuming this is because you only have a 10 speed compatible wheel?

If everything you are getting is 11 speed minus the wheels, I have read that you could remove 1 cog from the 11 speed cassette, add a spacer (not sure what size), adjust your di2 limit screws and essentially have a 10 speed setup. There is no software programming to make the 6870 10 speed.

When I've adjusted my own 11 speed di2 rear derailleurs, I've gotten into situations where it only shifts 10 spots due to the limit screws and fine adjustments. It tries to shift to the 11th spot, gets stopped, tries for 5 seconds then backs off. So it's possible. Whether it is ideal is another question. Not sure if it puts additional stress on motor if it keeps getting stopped by limit screws or if the shifts aren't as smooth if you remove a middle cog.
Quote Reply
Re: Convert my Venge to Electronic [hopperagent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hopperagent wrote:
I've got a 54 Venge S-Works with 10speed Dura Ace Di2 with internal battery, I'm thinking about selling. It's the complete bike less crank and wheels. All very nice stuff.

Well I've already got the frame and a 54 is prob too small. I'm on a 56.

If you wanted to part the DI2 stuff I'd be interested
Quote Reply