Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Confessions of an IM virgin- IMFL RR (VERY long!) [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations TriBodyBoarder, you are an Ironman! Nice report, great to finish ahead of expectations.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions of an IM virgin- IMFL RR (VERY long!) [rpombrio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Great job Jay, it's been cool to see your progression of RR's this last year, culminating in the Ironman. Good luck at Clearwater - you guys doing Tinsel Tri in December or just recuperating?[/reply]

Might be. I've spent so damn much money on this trip (12 days in Florida, rental car, meals, accom. and entry fees that Tinsel, even though it's relatively cheap, might be out of the budget. I do have a buddy just getting into tris from a collegiate swimming background, and have told him to do Tinsel as his first, so I might HAVE to do it again. What about you?

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions of an IM virgin- IMFL RR (VERY long!) [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]If you start crawling on your hands and knees halfway through the bike, we'll know that the IM affected your 1/2 IM. No matter, that 12:04 earned you a permanent STUD title in my book.[/reply]

Ha, ha. Quads are still sore, but better today (48 hours after the finish), so I figure I'll be good by Wednesday. We'll see. I'll go for a bike or swim on Tuesday.
Had a "wonderful" 7-hour trek by car to Clearwater today with my 3-year-old going bonkers in the back seat! Stopped at the arches and had the two-cheeseburger meal with large fries and a Coke! I'm lovin' it!

------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions of an IM virgin- IMFL RR (VERY long!) [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great race and a great race report!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jay...

Your report was so long, I only had time to copy and paste it, and read it on the plane home to SD. I was laughing at a lot of it...Buddy, send me an email, we'll work on your nutrition and transitions. I promise you I'll cut an hour off your time!

Great to hear your story though. Nice finish!

Good luck next weekend!

Jim Vance
http://TodaysPlan.com.au (Disclosure: I am contracted with Today's Plan)
http://www.CoachVance.com/
Twitter @jimvance
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions of an IM virgin- IMFL RR (VERY long!) [JimVance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Insane. Thanks Jim!!! I'll get in touch after Clearwater! Just for reference, my transitions at Superfrog were under 2 minutes each, but of course it didn't require putting on layers of clothing.

------------------
Last edited by: TriBodyboarder: Nov 6, 06 19:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Planning on it, not in much better shape than last year though so your wife might still beat me if she enters.

Prev Next