Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer fitting et. al
Quote | Reply
This question was taken from another post, but was not answered. Since I find it interesting all ask too? How important is it to be fit on a Computrainer, or other device that shows power and perhaps economy of the pedal stroke(spinscan). It also seems possible to have a lower power output. initially, in a new position since you may be working the muscles differently, i.e. timing, with gains coming in a few weeks? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer fitting et. al [Luntzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe your hunch to be correct. I went through a comprehensive fitting last year with a Ctrainer. While the core elements of the fitting were great and helped me a lot, I just don't believe that you can really tell the difference between 10 watts one way or the other on a trainer during a fitting. A beneficial change to your fit (say, a shorter stem) might initially result in dropped power because you haven't adapted yet. On the other hand, bigger power changes like 30-40 watts are probably worth paying attention to.

Having been fit both ways (with and without Ctrainer data) I say go with an experienced fitter that knows what a comfortable cyclist looks like. If there is a Ctrainer in the room, great. If not, no big deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer fitting et. al [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fitting with a Computrainer is not a one-stop deal. Initially it can smooth out rough fittings. The smaller tweaks take time to accurately measure. Drops in saddle/bar relationship or moving a saddle slightly forward/backward or up/down do indeed take time to adapt to. Starting with a good measured benchmark like, say a 20-30 min TT, make changes, take a few weeks to adapt, and do the test again.
Quote Reply