Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer course question
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about a Computrainer sometime soonish. The way I understand things you can get courses into the thing a number of different ways:

1. Some well-known courses (e.g IM courses) are available from RacerMate.
2. Trade/download them from internet forumm, other users, or some race directors.
3. Drive or ride a real course and "record" it with a handheld GPS unit.
4. "Draw" or create one using topographic software on a computer.

Three questions (assuming ownership of a GPS unit):

Can you do all of this with the standard Computrainer Pro shown here: http://www.racermateinc.com/compu_pro3d.asp or do you need something more?

For option 3, can you use a Garmin Edge to do this?

If I already own Delorme Topo USA 4.0, do I need to buy the Topo USA Course Creator in order to create courses on a computer (number 4 above)? If so, what specifically does the "RacerMate Course Creator software" portion of RacerMate's Topo USA software do that out-of-the-box Topo USA 4.0 doesn't?
Last edited by: Iron Buckeye: May 15, 07 19:37
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer course question [Iron Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the standard Pro model does all those things. Yes, the Garmin Edge should work to make courses, but you'd need the GPS Course Creator software. The Topo Course Creator software converts the data from the Topo USA software into CT format...
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer course question [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer course question [Iron Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there is at least one website that can generate CT courses using a google-maps-derived thingie. if i had the URL, i'd include it, but alas, i don't.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer course question [dawhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]there is at least one website that can generate CT courses using a google-maps-derived thingie. if i had the URL, i'd include it, but alas, i don't.[/reply]

You thinking of this one?

http://cc2.bradculberson.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer course question [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just tried this course creator by Brad Culberson and my first impression is it looks great. I mapped the IMLOU course and exported it to a XML file. Now I just have to figure how to get the data into a Computrainer file.

Once I get it into a Computrainer file then I'm giving the guy a donation (see his website).

Have you use the mapping software? I was wondering does the more points you map on a course the more accurate the elevation change is?
Quote Reply