Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer/Topo software
Quote | Reply
Does anyone own the CT/Topo version? Have you tried to create courses with it? I'm finding it to be very difficult. The Topo software doesn't not easily handle out and back loops. Perhpas there is some trick to it that I'm not aware, but evertime I try to double back on a section it screws up.

I've used CT and Topo seperately for years. This latest version of Topo is "too smart" for it's own good. The old version didn't try to do any thinking for you, you could just highlight the roads you wanted, out and backs, whatever, and it would create a course. The new version of Topo that comes with CT/Topo, tries to guess where you want to go. If it finds a side road it likes better it will take that path instead of the one you are trying to map. I called Topo and they said to use "via's" but that still doesn't work.

Just curious if anyone has been successful with this.

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer/Topo software [Mike Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done it but don't ask me how. There are "insert via" and "add via" options if you right click and they function differently. You can tell if it worked right by how they are numbered - if they aren't in the sequence you wanted then delete the via and try it the other way. What seems to have worked the best for me (I think) is to do the start and finish first and then insert via's to plot the route.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer/Topo software [Mike Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have the software right in front of me so ...

There is a section in which you type in your route preferences, i.e. prefer interstates to rural roads. I changed all the expected speeds so that it would not prefer one type of road to another and that cleared up all the problems.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer/Topo software [tom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll see if I can play with the preferences...

Mike
Quote Reply