Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Compu Trainer versus CycleOps Pro 300 PT Indoor Cycle
Quote | Reply
I have a Feldt B2 bike which I currently use on a CycleOps trainer. I will be doing more indoor training over the next year. I am considering purchasing the CycleOps Pro 300 PT or the Compu trainer and would like to get your thoughts on which one is more applicable for me. Due to the climate I live in, I will be training Nov - April inside then will train outdoors April/May - September. An additional option might be a power tap, however I have race wheels and training wheels. I have read the power tap doesn't work well with changing wheels; I think my options are the Cycle Ops or the Compu trainer. Hopefully you can give me your thoughts/direction.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Compu Trainer versus CycleOps Pro 300 PT Indoor Cycle [Trigirl37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had a Computrainer for 6 or 7 years and it's mostly been a great trainer. This said, I seriously considered replacing it this winter with a CycleOps Pro.

I didn't for a few reasons - I bought a power meter that was about what the trainer would have cost and decided to use my old road bike set up as a tri bike on the trainer and not sure if I could get the setup I wanted with the CycleOps.

I've heard they are great, but haven't used one personally. The Computrainer I think is getting better and better. As far as I know, you can upload data to Training Peaks (I know the CT can, expect the CO can since it uses the Power Tap).

From a cost standpoint, the Computrainer would probably be less, there seems to always be a new one or nearly new one for sale and even the new ones in stores are less.

I'll let others comment about the Power Tap option...

Hope this helps,
-Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Compu Trainer versus CycleOps Pro 300 PT Indoor Cycle [Trigirl37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neither, go to www.1UPUSA.com for the best trainer in the market. An engineering marvel.
Quote Reply