Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Collegiate Nationals ROLL CALL
Quote | Reply
One week (+1 day) out from the race, who's going and what side are you representing? And what's your prediction for the weather?

Michigan State University Triathlon Team... GO GREEN, GO WHITE! (I'll also be cheering for my alma mater Georgia Tech... Go Jackets! To Hell With Georgia!)

48F water temp, 51F air temp at start, 10-20mph wind out of the NE, 60F at Noon. Prepare to suffer. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Collegiate Nationals ROLL CALL [astrotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there with three others representing the University of Virginia.... Go Hoos!!!

And while we are giving love to our alma maters... Go Gators!

Now regarding the weather... wtf???

--------------------------

Team Timex 2014
@ajhodges
Quote Reply
Re: Collegiate Nationals ROLL CALL [qcassidy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not able to make it to collegiate tri nationals...but is anyone planning on racing collegiate road nationals (May 12-14)
We (University of Kansas) are hosting the race and it will be amazing.
See you there.

----------------------------
Support Your Local Bike Shop
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ill be in the exhibition wave supporting the Cal Triathlon Team - Go Big Go Bears!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
20 of the Blue and Gold will be out there! Go UCLA Bruins!

I predict that the weather can't be worse that what we experienced at the Cal Poly Conference Championships.

I also predict WCCTC crushes everyone! ;-) West Coast pride!

--Marcus George, President
UCLA Triathlon Team
http://www.triathlon.ucla.edu
http://wcctc.pengra.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be watching from the side, I'm more of a long-course guy and certainly not tough enough to hang with you dudes in this sort of race. My buddy is one of the lifeguards for the race and he was saying water temps are hovering around 54 degrees right now, but expected to drop. Depending on what happens in the first wave, they may cancel the swim. I haven't seen the course at all, yet, just haven't had time to get out and check it out, but I would be more concerned about the climbs than the wind. You guys are starting early (I think...) so hopefully things won't be breezy yet. Best of luck to all athletes competing. I'll be the tall dude with crazy blonde hair (unless my girlfriend cuts it this weekend) drinking a cup of coffee on the side of the road. Race hard and be safe, and give us spectators something to cheer for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The University of Texas is boycotting the race for many reasons. Location, weather, etc. But mostly because the club can't organize it's self enough to hold a meeting, let alone plan a trip.

My predictions: 52 degree water temperature, 45 degree air temperature at start, 30 people treated for hypothermia, Purdue Boilermakers dominate, and some snow boarder is given the title "best all around athlete".

Good luck to all of the athletes competing, even if the race conditions are painful you can definitely make up for it by partying even harder that night.

"Triathlon" is a misspell according to the Slowtwitch spell checker.
Quote Reply
Re: Collegiate Nationals ROLL CALL [ScottW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But mostly because the club can't organize it's self enough to hold a meeting

Has it gotten THAT bad? Geez... almost makes me want to come back and resuerrect it again. *sigh*

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Better yet... who's in for the Road Race, Crit, and TTT in Kansas next month?
Quote Reply
Re: Collegiate Nationals ROLL CALL [aus_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, it's that bad. They had a callout earlier this year and call it off 3 hours before it was supposed to happen because some of the officers couldn't make it. They rescheduled the meeting for the next week, but the only people who came to that meeting were new people and Allan (who's coaching ability I seriously question). The officers just don't follow through on anything. I'm afraid your legacy has fallen apart.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Colorado will be there in force. I think something like 40 people, although 3 key guys and gals will be missing. One of our guys contacted a ranger in the area and he said the water was 46 degrees as of last weekend. Weather.com says its going to be warm in the afternoon.

50deg water. 50deg air at 8am, 65 at 12:00. 10mph winds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Montana ... all the way. Men & Women. Runner up: Oregon.
Quote Reply
Re: Collegiate Nationals ROLL CALL [TBinMT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was oregon at Nats last year? I don't remember them. I guess they do have pretty good chance since Purdue's Drew Breynton is a Beaver grad student now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SNOWING right now in Reno!! 1-3 inches expected....need I say more
Quote Reply
Re: Collegiate Nationals ROLL CALL [ScottW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was oregon at Nats last year?

I dunno. They had people at Wildflower.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Colorado State Rams will be there in force this year. We had a big team at nats last year, although almost everyone was new to triathlon. I am not sure how our team will do this year. We have some great athletes, but as I have not been training much with the team it is hard to know for certain how everyone is looking.
Quote Reply
Re: Collegiate Nationals ROLL CALL [TriBear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Bears !!!
Quote Reply
Re: Collegiate Nationals ROLL CALL [CUTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like this prediction thing - Im calling:

53 water
58 air by the time the bike starts

1. Cal
2. CU
3. Montana (or are they saving themselves for Wildflower?)
4. UCSD

and 6 of the top 10 schools will be WCCTC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 33 degree water temp with ice bouys

2) -50 degree air temp

1st Purdue

2nd Boilermakers

3rd Will Dominate!!!!

PARTY AT CIRCUS CIRCUS FOLLOWING THE RACE!!!

Boiler Up!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oregon--Didn't see any Ducks on the list, but there'll be 3 of us from Oregon State. We'll see how we do, if they don't first remove the ice flows from the lake, we may all be in trouble :-)

And Purdue folk-- I haven't seen Drew around at all. Something like grad school caught up with him I guess.

Cheers,

Daniel

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply