Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Club Nationals - PumpkinMan Race Report
Quote | Reply
I drink once a year, I'm not good at it, and I'm even worse at functioning with a hangover but I'll attempt to rise above it all for this report.
The swim in Lake Mead was VERY nice with water temps warm in the mid 70s, and clean, clear water. The course is so open and wide that the race director got away with splitting the all ~900 athletes into 2 waves of ~250 athletes for the sprint and 2 waves of ~250 for the Olympic.
The bike course is very challenging with a basic rolling out and back and then things get nasty with about 6 miles of a steady climb at what feels like 8% that finally tops out in Boulder City for T2. The run was a nice mix of pave and desert road/trail with some climbing.
All the added complications of a point to point race with T1 & T2 being in different locations exist here but the race director clearly cares about the athlete's experience and did pretty well with customer service.
I paid little attention to the results beyond the fact that Columbia Multisports from Missouri beat out the LA Tri Club for the Division 1 championships.
After the race we drove into Vegas for too many margies at the "Pink Taco", a drunken race in the pool at the Hard Rock Hotel that ended with security giving us a gentle but clear heaveho. Then it was more tequila and dancing at a club called "Body English". The conclusion was bed at 2:30am, hotel fire alarm at 4:40am, up at 7am, and a flight be to LA at 9:30am.
All that's needed now is recovery upon recovery.

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Club Nationals - PumpkinMan Race Report [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were you staying at the Hard Rock? I never heard a fire alarm.

As much as i hate riding hills I loved that race. I will definitley be doing that race again.
Quote Reply