Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cleat changing
Quote | Reply

My girlfriend just got some new tri shoes and I want to switch the cleats onto them for her from her oldeer shimano three strap shoes, I know this is gonna sound ridiculous, but whats the best way to do this to make sure I place them right as to not ruin her knees?

thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: Cleat changing [IRONLOBO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd suggest using white out or a paint marker & marking them on both the side on the current shoe as well as on trace its position around the cleat aproximately mark the for & aft position. Then I'd also make a point to mark or note where the cleat position is from the inside of the sole to approximate the current q factor. Then fine tune as necessary once she rides it. Some shoes fit differently so no absolute measurement works.

Barb
Quote Reply
Re: Cleat changing [IRONLOBO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a Harbor Freight in your town? Between the wife and I we have 6 sets of shoes and I would suggest you do as I did and spend $16 on a digital caliper (http://www.harborfreight.com/...taf?Itemnumber=47257). While obviously this is not a professional level tool, it is more than adequate for this kind of task and while you are out shopping for the caliper, stop by the LBS and pickup a new set of cleats as well. Using the caliper, you can measure fore, aft, and lateral cleat offset very precisely and with a new set cleats in hand, you can use the existing shoes as a reference although the first time you do it, if you are nit picky like me you will find it takes a bit of time as you will make a lot of small follow on adjustments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply