Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Clash Miami + Americas Triathlon Championship + T100!!!
Quote | Reply
So much great stuff happening around Clash Miami this year! I know right where to begin ;-0

1. STs own Eric Wynn will be on-site with us for the weekend! I'll also chronicle the list of others as it is a full on who is who in the endurance sports world

2. Friday is the World Triathlon Americas Triathlon Championship. The is draft legal, international caliber, fast, spectator friendly racing. What does that mean?
- Elite junior (16-19) vying for qualifying spots to World Champs
- Elite paratriathlon with the Americans who can take the spot for the 2024 Paris Olympics! That's right, Olympic spots on the line!
- Elite and u/23 vying for double points needed on the international circuit towards WTCS or Paris. Each National Federation (NF) has their own qualifying standards for Paris, but as the continental championship this will be huge.

3. Age group racing! Come and race on and around the speedway and cross the same finish line as the best of the best!
- Saturday = sprint tri, du, relay, kids tri
- Sunday = "Miami Distance" tri, du, relay. 1mi, 30mi, 8mi which is a nice early season fitness test or a stretch distance for those moving up from sprint.

4. T100 season opener Saturday afternoon/evening! We are even going to fire up the stadium lights on the track as we'll finish after hours under the lights. NASCAR Productions is doing all the camera work and production for the broadcast so expect Clash level quality from the production.

5. Food trucks, free beer, spectator areas, expo, jumbotrons, etc. All the things!

6. World Triathlon's regional board meeting for the Americas.

Outside of the amazing start list of athletes, who else could you bump into?
Greg Welch, Bob Babbitt, Kevin Mackinnon, Jan Frodeno, Marinda Carfrae, Rick Allen, Zdeno Chara, Alicia Kaye, Jarrod Shoemaker, and many more

Who else from ST is going to be down or racing?

-Dre
RD at Clash Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: Clash Miami + Americas Triathlon Championship + T100!!! [dre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dre wrote:
4. T100 season opener Saturday afternoon/evening! We are even going to fire up the stadium lights on the track as we'll finish after hours under the lights. NASCAR Productions is doing all the camera work and production for the broadcast so expect Clash level quality from the production.
Great post.
You mention an "amazing start list". Please could you share a link?
Who else from the world is going to be racing (in only 9 days' time) the WPRO T100 besides the 12 contracted athletes posted on t'gram?
Quote Reply
Re: Clash Miami + Americas Triathlon Championship + T100!!! [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Start list ALWAYS change but here is some nice insight.

The battle in the elite men’s race will be Olympian Morgan Pearson, who has already qualified for the 2024 US Olympic Team, Americans Darr Smith, and John Reed versus Martin Sobey, Mathis Beaulieu and Brock Hoel from Canada, Chileans Riveros and Moya, and Mexicans Gonzales and Grejales.

For the women, Katie Zaferes, Erika Ackerlund and Gina Sereno might be a podium sweep for Americans, but they could see a challenge from Macarena Salazar from Chile or Dofia Rodriguez Moreno from Mexico. This race is especially important for the American women who are trying to move up among the top 5 Americans in the world rankings for a potential start in the final Olympic Team selection event in May in Yokohama, Japan.

For the juniors, Miami is an opportunity to qualify country quota spots for the World Championships in October in Spain. Up to three spots per country for athletes who finish in the top 14 are up for grabs. In the junior men, Reese Vannerson from the USA leads the field. Vannerson led the American men at last year’s junior world championships finishing in 6th place just one second behind Mexico’s Osvaldo Darell Zuniga Fierro in 5th. They will be the class of the field in Miami and strong contenders for the 2028 Olympics.

For junior women, competing in Miami under the World Triathlon flag, but soon to be American Jimena Renata De La Pena Schott leads the field. Jimena won the silver medal at last year’s junior world championships and is a shining star for the future of USA Triathlon. Dominga Elena Jacome Espinoza, 6th place from 2023 Worlds, will fight Jimena for the top spot on the podium along with American Ruth Pardy.

In the Paratriathlon races, an American winner means an automatic spot on the 2024 USA Paralympic Team for Paris.

Look for World Triathlon Ranked #1 Howie Sanborn in the men’s wheelchair division to try and punch his ticket to Paris. American Emmie Perry will have to get by 2023 Worlds Bronze medalist Jessica Ferreira of Brazil and Leanne Taylor of Canada who was 5th at Worlds.

The visually impaired class features two American men- Young gun Owen Cravens and Paralympian Kyle Coon- who will push each other for the automatic trip to Paris. For the women VI class, Americans McClain Hermes and Deb Chucoski will attempt to get on the top step of the podium against Brazilian Letucia Freitas who finished just 10 seconds behind Hermes at worlds last year.

In the standing classes, the PTS2 women’s class is guaranteed to be an American sweep with only Americans entered. Reigning World Champion Hailey Danz will go against two-time Paralympic Gold Medalist Allysa Seely and Rio Paralympic Bronze medalist Melissa Stockwell. Danz has already qualified for the team, but if Seely or Stockwell can sneak by her for the win, they will also qualify. PTS2 Men will feature 2016 Paralympian Mark Barr for USA trying to make his second Paralympic Team. The only competitor in PTS3 for men will be American Zach Osborn with Hanna Longmire representing the US against 2023 Worlds Silver Medalist Kenia Yesenia Villalobos Vargas from Mexico for women. PTS4 Men will be a battle between Americans Carson Clough, 4th at the 2023 World Championships, Eric McElvenny and Erik Hultquist. PTS4 women, like the PTS2 class, is another all American race where World Champion Kelly Elmlinger leads the field. In the PTS5 men’s category, American Chris Hammer, 4th in the last two Paralympic Games, will try to punch his ticket to a third Games and another shot at a medal. He will have to get past his nemesis Stefan Daniel from Canada. PTS5 Women feature World Champion Grace Norman from the USA with Canadian Kamylle Frenette who should get onto the podium as well.

-Dre
RD at Clash Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: Clash Miami + Americas Triathlon Championship + T100!!! [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
dre wrote:
Great post.
You mention an "amazing start list". Please could you share a link?
Who else from the world is going to be racing (in only 9 days' time) the WPRO T100 besides the 12 contracted athletes posted on t'gram?

I do not have a final start list from T100 as we are focused on operations. Since they are not wearing bib numbers we don't have any specifics to print so it's fine by me. Someone will win and someone will lose. They will all have a great course, well stocked aid stations, an amazing finish line, and the best video production company in the business (NASCAR Productions) capturing all the action.

-Dre
RD at Clash Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: Clash Miami + Americas Triathlon Championship + T100!!! [dre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can i ask who thinks that it is a great ideal to have the american champs the same day a a world sereis races, or in other words who want to water down continental champs even more than it is already the case

otherwise well done for your pre race report one of the best i have ever read.

btw out of interest lets say coon and cravens both crash out of the race , does that mean one of them would not go to paris...
Quote Reply
Re: Clash Miami + Americas Triathlon Championship + T100!!! [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
can i ask who thinks that it is a great ideal to have the american champs the same day a a world sereis races, or in other words who want to water down continental champs even more than it is already the case

otherwise well done for your pre race report one of the best i have ever read.

btw out of interest lets say coon and cravens both crash out of the race , does that mean one of them would not go to paris...

WTCS Abu Dhabi was historically the weekend prior to our date. My understanding is there was something in Abu Dhabi no-triathlon related, that forced the late date change to push that event by one week...which put it the same weekend as the Americas Triathlon Championship.

Taylor Knibb was bummed as was I. Had Abu Dhabi not changed, she likely would have raced Abu Dhabi and then a few days later race ATC with us in Miami on Friday, and then T100 on Saturday. Alas, that will not happen...

-Dre
RD at Clash Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there but I am disappointed that we are a week out and your start lists are bupkus:

https://triathlon.org/...ld_tour_miami/638333

Nobody cares that you don't have a final list. You have to have a mostly complete list so post that. WTCS start lists are in a state of constant flux from 30 days out to race week so every is used to changes leading up to the race. I look forward to seeing a lot of great racing in person, which is a rare treat in the USA.

Yes, AD was originally schedule for this weekend and then switched to next weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Clash Miami + Americas Triathlon Championship + T100!!! [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think it's his place to give the T100 start list - they released the 12 women starting and later this morning the men, wild cards tomorrow. But it's not the RD's job to release the start list - it's the PTO.

https://stats.protriathletes.org/race/miami-t100/2024/participants

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Last edited by: dfru: Feb 29, 24 7:18
Quote Reply
Re: Clash Miami + Americas Triathlon Championship + T100!!! [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AD changed their weekend after WTCS schedule was announced as I believe only 3 months ago it was moved back 1 week. The 2nd weekend of March has been the host weekend for this championship level event for 11 years now. This is the 1st year an elite conti champ level was added to it. Years past it’s always been junior champs + elite conti cup level (lowest level elite race). This “race” was previously Sarasota location for years.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Clash Miami + Americas Triathlon Championship + T100!!! [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mag900 wrote:
I will be there but I am disappointed that we are a week out and your start lists are bupkus:

Nobody cares that you don't have a final list. You have to have a mostly complete list so post that. WTCS start lists are in a state of constant flux from 30 days out to race week so every is used to changes leading up to the race. I look forward to seeing a lot of great racing in person, which is a rare treat in the USA.

Yes, AD was originally schedule for this weekend and then switched to next weekend.

You have the wrong link, you might call it bupkus? Check here instead:
https://www.triathlon.org/..._championships_miami

Gotta love ST when you try to share some nice info and people come out guns a blazing. We are working hard for something that has never been done in the sport. This high level of draft legal racing the same weekend at the same venue as such high level middle distance racing. And age group racing too.

-Dre
RD at Clash Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to the race season kicking off.
This is ST, so you could tell us that we are all getting $1,000 for free and someone would find an issue with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dre wrote:
mag900 wrote:

Gotta love ST when you try to share some nice info and people come out guns a blazing. We are working hard for something that has never been done in the sport. This high level of draft legal racing the same weekend at the same venue as such high level middle distance racing. And age group racing too.

Thanks for sharing this.

And effing hell ST, do better.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dre wrote:
mag900 wrote:

Your opening email specifically talks up the Clash T100 race (bullet #4) and the link I posted is the Clash T100 start lists that are blank. I have been looking at the Americans Triathlon start lists since they went up 3 weeks ago. You may think that I am coming out guns a blazing but I also am actually coming to watch your races in person so be happy about that. I am looking forward to it and thank you for putting on elite racing in the USA, which unfortunately has become a rarity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dre wrote:
we are focused on operations. . . . They will all have a great course, well stocked aid stations, an amazing finish line, and the best video production company in the business (NASCAR Productions) capturing all the action.
Lagoon wrote:
The video isn't bad per say, but I'm not sure what they think they accomplished by waiting all this time to get this out.
dre wrote:
Glad you enjoyed the show! We took the approach of letting the athletes narrate the show which gives some great insights into some amazing athletes. Anytime triathlon is on mainstream TV we think it is a win for the sport as a whole. Now you can stream it via our YouTube while on the trainer. Anyway, we hope you choose to join us in Daytona for USAT Long Course Nationals this December.
A week after the first airing, the extended, ‘Editors Cut’ version of the show was released on August 21st, on our YouTube and Facebook pages. The ‘Editors Cut’ takes a deeper dive into the pain within, and love of, the sport of triathlon.
Flashback to 2023 in video linked above.
  • Swim: 1.7km / 1.05-mile (2 laps)
  • Bike: 62.7km / 39-miles (17 laps of 2.2 miles + one part lap to start)
  • Run: 16.9km / 10.5 miles (7 laps of 1.5 miles)

West: 19:56/1:23:58/51:13 (sub-64 half marathon pace!)
Byram: 22:30/1:30:43/1:04:28 (1:20 half marathon pace)
Results: https://stats.protriathletes.org/...h-miami/2023/results
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Feb 29, 24 10:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Your opening email specifically talks up the Clash T100 race (bullet #4) and the link I posted is the Clash T100 start lists that are blank. I have been looking at the Americans Triathlon start lists since they went up 3 weeks ago. You may think that I am coming out guns a blazing but I also am actually coming to watch your races in person so be happy about that. I am looking forward to it and thank you for putting on elite racing in the USA, which unfortunately has become a rarity.

Sorry, I didn't look at your link in detail. Clash is working as race operations, or LOC, but we have no control over the start lists or what is posted to the WT http://www.triathlon.org site. The T100 start list info you seek sits between T100 and WT. T100 is ‘the official World Championship tour of long distance triathlon’.

Glad you are making the trip down to race. Find me and I'll buy you a free beer in expo, courtesy of Exit One Taproom!

-Dre
RD at Clash Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This whole weekend has got so much to be excited about! Such high level racing in so many categories is an unprecedented treat at a single event. I'll be there representing VeloVetta in Jason West's Project W tent (we'll have shoes for people to try on!) but I'm excited to take some time to just be a fan for some of the weekend too.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Clash Miami + Americas Triathlon Championship + T100!!! [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:

Thanks for sharing this.

And effing hell ST, do better.

^^^this!

FFS there is another thread talking about people not posting here much any more , this thread is a perfect example of why.

A RD trying to provide some exciting news and the very first handful of posts are from rude miserable assholes trying to tear them down... Why bother...
Last edited by: lastlap: Mar 1, 24 10:13
Quote Reply
Re: Clash Miami + Americas Triathlon Championship + T100!!! [lastlap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair, there was just one negative comment, one positive-on-the-balance, and a bunch of 100% positive ones.

Plus the overwhelming silent majority who I'm sure are positive about the event but don't see a need to post.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wove will be there in Jason West’s Project W tent this weekend with our V8 and Mags saddles in hand

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: Mar 6, 24 21:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there,
Is there any way to view the U23 races tomorrow online?
Thank you so much,
Canadian Mom :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dre wrote:
So much great stuff happening around Clash Miami this year! I know right where to begin ;-0

1. STs own Eric Wynn will be on-site with us for the weekend! I'll also chronicle the list of others as it is a full on who is who in the endurance sports world

2. Friday is the World Triathlon Americas Triathlon Championship. The is draft legal, international caliber, fast, spectator friendly racing. What does that mean?
- Elite junior (16-19) vying for qualifying spots to World Champs
- Elite paratriathlon with the Americans who can take the spot for the 2024 Paris Olympics! That's right, Olympic spots on the line!
- Elite and u/23 vying for double points needed on the international circuit towards WTCS or Paris. Each National Federation (NF) has their own qualifying standards for Paris, but as the continental championship this will be huge.

3. Age group racing! Come and race on and around the speedway and cross the same finish line as the best of the best!
- Saturday = sprint tri, du, relay, kids tri
- Sunday = "Miami Distance" tri, du, relay. 1mi, 30mi, 8mi which is a nice early season fitness test or a stretch distance for those moving up from sprint.

5. Food trucks, free beer, spectator areas, expo, jumbotrons, etc. All the things!

6. World Triathlon's regional board meeting for the Americas.

Greg Welch, Bob Babbitt, Kevin Mackinnon, Jan Frodeno, Marinda Carfrae, Rick Allen, Zdeno Chara, Alicia Kaye, Jarrod Shoemaker, and many more

So what happened with the lights??? The women appeared to be running in the dark???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply