Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Choose Bike
Quote | Reply
Hi, I am considering my first tri bike and narrowed it down to the Cervelo P2, or the Guru Cron Alu.

Suggestions, experience with these.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Choose Bike [multimike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get fit, and if you still don't know, flip a coin.

----------
Fortitudine Vincimus
Quote Reply
Re: Choose Bike [multimike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll hear a lot of folks talk about the superiority of Cervelo products. That may be true. I wouldn't know as I've not done the research or test ridden a Cervelo. I do own a Guru Cron'Alu, and I love it. Since I don't know much about Cervelos, I won't speculate, but I do know that with Guru, the Cron'Alu is customizable. I have long legs and a shorter torso and very bad flexibility. When I was being fit, I learned that stock bikes could be made to fit me, but there would be little room for adjustment as my flexibility increased. My LBS recommended that I go with a custom-built Guru because it was just a hundred dollars and change more expensive than the QR frame I had my eye on. I was able to save money in other areas by purchasing slightly used components, and the bike actually ended up costing me less than the stock QR would have fully loaded. It was a good decision. The fit is perfect for me and I've had a few adjustments since my flexibility has gotten better.

I second the other poster's suggestion that you get fit and do some test rides, but if you find that custom building will give you a better fit, I highly recommend the Guru. I have never regretted my purchase.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply