Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cheap wide wheelset?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a backup wheelset for my TT bike, and would like to find something that is same/similar width to my HED C2's.
Flo 30's would probably do the trick, but I'd rather not wait that long.
Recommendations?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Cheap wide wheelset? [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hed Ardennes, Alex a23, and velocity (can't remember the model)all are wide alu rims.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know your definition of cheap but Hed belgiums are the same width as C2s (unless you have a very new set of jets in which case you'd need Belgium+) and DT Swiss 350 or Ultegra hubs are a good value. The ultegras are cheaper and have loose ball bearings but some people don't like that... I do.
Quote Reply
Re: Cheap wide wheelset? [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pooks wrote:
I don't know your definition of cheap but Hed belgiums are the same width as C2s (unless you have a very new set of jets in which case you'd need Belgium+) and DT Swiss 350 or Ultegra hubs are a good value. The ultegras are cheaper and have loose ball bearings but some people don't like that... I do.

+1. The HED rims are really great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Boyd wheels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.flocycling.com/...t&product_id=135

You can have 24/24 or 24/20 flo30 rims right now and pick your hub, spokes/nipple and have them built up.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kinlin XC279 are 23mm wide, 28mm tall. Build with Novatec hubs as should get spacing the same as Hed (because Novatec make Hed hubs last I knew) so swaps will be really easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got a Hawk Racing Talon Aero wheelset. http://www.hawk-racing.com/products/show/21

They seem awesome so far but I only have one ride on them.