Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Cheap online place for running shoes?
Quote | Reply
If anyone has positive experience with an online retailer selling running shoes for a lower price than local shoe store, please share your experience and any relevant coupon codes, return policy, etc..? thank you much
Quote Reply
Re: Cheap online place for running shoes? [Tri Wannabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runningwarehouse.com
roadrunnersports.com (i can attest to their excellent customer service)

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't buy running shoes online but 6pm.com has good prices. They are owned by Zappos and the prices go up and down so watch them regularly.

Quote | Reply
I LOVE 6pm!!!

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
www.holabirdsports.com/

Retul Certified Fitter. gebioMized Pressure Mapping http://www.PedPowerPerformLab.com.
Retailer of Wahoo Fitness, Sable Water Optics, Enve Composit, Giro and more.
Zone3 USA Ambassador - use code DEAN25 for 25% off
http://www.OasisOne-Twelve.com - The ultimate hands free hydration system.
https://www.athlinks.com/athletes/19354499 - results.
Quote Reply
Re: Cheap online place for running shoes? [hideano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on holabird. thats where I always get my running shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eastbay.com has a really cheap clearance section with a huge selection. The shoes get cheaper and cheaper the less sizes they have left. Sometimes it pays to keep looking after you found the shoe you want..they might have the same shoe with a different color with even less sizes left
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Runningwarehouse.com and use the code runblogger for 10% off.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on roadrunnersports. I used to work there, customer service is great. Huge selection and you get them fast. If you're a VIP you can get huge deals all the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try http://www.eastbay.com ... Massive variety of shoes.

If you google "eastbay.com coupons" you should get some active coupon codes that will cut the price down 10-20% or so on whatever you order.

Cheers

@EddyRoche
www.eddyroche.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sierratradingpost.com

generally last year and previous year stuff, but good prices.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Cheap online place for running shoes? [vtlars] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vtlars wrote:
+1 on holabird. thats where I always get my running shoes.

I can't even remember the last time I bought sneakers from any place other than Holabird (including this past Saturday). At least 15+ years ago
Quote Reply
Re: Cheap online place for running shoes? [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
www.rnjsports.com

Not the widest selection, but good prices with free shipping over $65. They're based outside DC and ship to Chicago in 2 days.
Quote Reply
Re: Cheap online place for running shoes? [rss31778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holabird
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't paid over $40 for a pair of shoes since 2010. I check the forums here and beginner triathlete to buy/sell minimally used shoes sometimes.

runningwarehouse.com clearance is great.

sierratradingpost.com sometimes gets decent shoes (snagged grid tangent 4's there in 2011 and fastwitch 5 this year).

ErgDB Erg & PowerAgent workout generator | My blog - special thanks to Kiwami
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sierratradingpost.com

Limited selection though. They well and truly sell only closeout items and discontinued models and so on. Shoes and wetsuits can be had for crazy low price, if they happen to have what you are looking for.

Otherwise look no further than Amazon.com.

It goes without saying: make sure the shoes fit you.

I'm not a big fan of Road Runner Sports. The two stores near me are staffed 80% by kids who don't give a rat's ass because they really really don't want to be there, plus 20% old/retired runners. Besides, I'm pretty sure they sell our personal information. All businesses with memberships and loyalty programs and whatnot, they all do that. That's the whole point of it.
Last edited by: Dilbert: Nov 12, 12 10:18
Quote Reply
Re: Cheap online place for running shoes? [IMPBAZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
another + for Holabird Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hideano wrote:
www.holabirdsports.com/

I find the manufacturer's websites often have the best deals. Holabird definitely has a good price but $5 more than brooks.com for the Ghost.

Personally, I get lightly used (demo or store model) shoes off Ebay for the best price.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hideano wrote:
www.holabirdsports.com/

I bought from holabirdsports once about 5 years ago and I will never buy from them again. They sent me two different sized shoes. I didn't notice at first and went on two runs in them, but I was getting blisters which I never get. After the second run I looked at sizes and noticed the problem. So I call them and explained what happened and at first they weren't going to let me return them because I ran in them. Then they decided that I could return them but they would send out the correct show until they got the wrong shoe. Finally I talked them into sending out the correct shoe when I put the wrong one in the mail. Then I asked about paying for the shipping to return the wrong shoe and they didn't want to pay for the return shipping. Finally after 4-5 phone calls they agreed to ship the correct shoe right away and would include a paid shipping label in the box for the wrong shoe. The customer service agents were all rude and unhelpful. They might have cheap prices but if anything goes wrong expect to waste a lot of your time to fix the issue. Maybe they fixed the problem but I won't chance it again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Onlineshoes.com

Bought some cheap Asics earlier this year. Great prices. Shipped same day out of Ohio, which is nice when you live in the East and so much stuff usually ships out of California. I got my shoes in 2 days.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For cheap -- all of the suggestions here are good but frankly, I have found that a simple Google search on the name of the make/model of shoe I want (plus a bit of patience to read through many, many results) almost always gets me a better price than I find at any of these places (and I really do buy from almost all of them). Plus, when you find a place with a decent price, then google something like

"<name-of-store> coupon"

and you'll often find an online coupon that saves you more

If you find a great price at a place you aren't sure about, google

"<name-of-store> reviews"

or

"<name-of-store> experiences?"

And if it turns out to be a scammer, you'll know about it as long as you have the patience to read through a bunch of the results. Don't just stop with a few results. Sometimes scammers plant their own. But the good news is that running shoes are generally such a low-margin item that you don't get scammers with them like you do with, say, bikes.

What one poster said about Holabird is true. You can get great shoes at great prices from them but God help you if you need to return anything. Their customer service is legendary (at least on running forums) for not being good. I've rolled the dice about 5 or 6 times with them and been very happy

Just recently I found what feels like my long-distance dream racing flat. I had low expectations initially, having run in the predecessors so I wasn't about to spend much to try them out. But doing all of the above allowed me to find them just over $40 in the color when other places were selling them for $70. So I took a chance and I liked them so much after one run that I immediately bought 3 more pairs.
Last edited by: JoeO: Nov 12, 12 13:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Runningwarehouse.com

- Free 2 Day Shipping & Free Return Shipping
- 10% Off Regular Price Using "runblog10"
- 15% Off Liquidation Items Using "FB15D"
- 90 Day Return Policy (Items can be returned at any point, new or used, within 90 days from the original invoice date)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Runningwarehouse.com
Use the coupon runblog10 for an additional 10% off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you know the exact shoe and size try eBay. Bought my last two pairs of Asics at a pretty deep discount
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LeftlaneSports.com

I'll see you in the run
Quote Reply

Prev Next