Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Challenge New Albany rebranding and moving to August 30th
Quote | Reply
Challenge New Albany rebranding and moving to August 30th
The Challenge New Albany event is going through a rebrand and will no longer be part of the Challenge Family of events. Additionally, the event will be moved to Sunday, August 30th. Stay tuned for more details on this exciting announcement which will come later in November. Registration will re-open after the announcement. Anyone that is currently registered for the event will be getting an email explaining your registration options.

Did not know if this was posted, did not see it in my search.
John
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge New Albany rebranding and moving to August 30th [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the release say which company it's going to be with? HFP?
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge New Albany rebranding and moving to August 30th [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's odd. I wonder if challenge merging with rev3 had something to do with it?
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge New Albany rebranding and moving to August 30th [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it was already hfp? I thought hfp ran the race partnered or something with challenge? I could be entirely mistaken.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge New Albany rebranding and moving to August 30th [Ellsworth53T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well yea, it was an HFP run race branded as Challenge NA. I am just curious with whom the event is going to "officially" be with.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge New Albany rebranding and moving to August 30th [Ellsworth53T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed awhile ago that the OSU Tri Fit Challenge was scheduled for the same day as New Albany was originally scheduled for (July 26); it's not exactly the same type of race (Tri Fit Challenge offers a super sprint, sprint, and Olympic race, so no half distance), but many Columbus area triathletes do both so I was really surprised by that and wondered how that was going to play out. I also heard from several people that they did not like the Challenge race and missed the old Giant Eagle course downtown (I definitely felt that way, and after talking to others I don't think I was alone). So I'm really curious to see what the plans are with the new date.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge New Albany rebranding and moving to August 30th [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
Well yea, it was an HFP run race branded as Challenge NA. I am just curious with whom the event is going to "officially" be with.

Hi James,

Yes - Shannon and crew from HFP will still run the race, just not as a Challenge Family Race. I expect it will be another sponsor but not another Management Company - WTC, Challenge, REV3, etc.
HFP puts on great races but the economics of branding it as a Challenge Race don't translate too well in Central Ohio. I also think the point to point course a bit too challenging logistically.

Will post more once I get official news from HFP.
Thanks, John
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge New Albany rebranding and moving to August 30th [NDIrishO3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Giant eagle was my first tri a few years ago. I loved the downtown course finish. I also thought the change to new Albany was a bit lame, but I didn't do the race last year so maybe not an entirely fair assessment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like WTC poached another Challenge event?
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge New Albany rebranding and moving to August 30th [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sinkinswimmer wrote:
Sounds like WTC poached another Challenge event?

We will see. The HFP brand has sold races to WTC in the past including Racine and the short lived Sri Lanka but I would doubt that is the announcement. I think he is going back to his roots of low key family friendly events with reasonable prices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:

We will see. The HFP brand has sold races to WTC in the past including Racine and the short lived Sri Lanka but I would doubt that is the announcement. I think he is going back to his roots of low key family friendly events with reasonable prices.

Will the event stay in New Albany if that is the case? It costs a lot to put on a point-to-point race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ive done dozens of HFP races, and ironman, then did challenge New Albany. I would be happy to do the race again as HFP only...it's nice to have a break from the big company money grab and just do a fun well run race.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge New Albany rebranding and moving to August 30th [MTranquilli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done several HPF races over the years, most recently Deer Creek Fall Challenge 70.3 for $100!!

You can't beat that price!

"Keep those feet moving!" Me
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge New Albany rebranding and moving to August 30th [runnerwv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe they should have charged $125 so the could pay the prize purse from New Albany.
I hope they pay interest to the pro's.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Challenge New Albany rebranding and moving to August 30th [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Albany fee was $250-$300 which was overpriced imo. I actually posted about that but thought it was hfp charging the fee but was actually Challenge I guess. I didn't do it for that reason

"Keep those feet moving!" Me
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge New Albany rebranding and moving to August 30th [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Maybe they should have charged $125 so the could pay the prize purse from New Albany.

What is the story on this Brian? I did not hear about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

Yeah come on. Such a tease - I have my popcorn popping in the Microwave :)

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone got any updates on the new 8/30 event? Nothing is listed on the hfp site about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge New Albany rebranding and moving to August 30th [MichaelT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MichaelT wrote:
Anyone got any updates on the new 8/30 event? Nothing is listed on the hfp site about it.

Bump.

Interested in this race, but very hard to find any information regarding this years race.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge New Albany rebranding and moving to August 30th [bricklayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was in the last email they sent out to people already registered with instructions for getting a refund.

. As last updated we had plans for a newly branded event to replace this event. However, we simply ran out of time to announce this new exciting event in 2015 and this event will be announced later this summer for 2016.
Quote Reply