Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P3 size should i choose.
Quote | Reply
This winter looking to replace my 61cm 2009 cervelo P2. My pad X/Y is 521/683. Looking at a P3 but considering 58 vs 61 with new geometry. Also considering other bikes that may fit me better.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 size should i choose. [Hastiin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any pics where you are at the bottom of the pedal stroke, or even side video, that you could post?

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 size should i choose. [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will post one tomorrow. Knee angle at bottom is 146 degrees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 61cm NP3. I am 6'5'' with approx 35" inseam.

My X/Y from the Retul fit are: 464 (pad-rear)/740.

I have a 90mm stem, with 35 spacers. There are 20mm spacers on the aerobars. This is setup for a relaxed long course position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Attached photo of pedal stroke at bottom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hastiin wrote:
Attached photo of pedal stroke at bottom
To figure out wheat you need, we need to first examine how your existing fit might need to change.
I think you have a pretty good fit. I just think the saddle is a touch high and would like to stretch you out a bit more.
In my opinion, you'd be well served:
  1. Dropping the saddle 1 cm
  2. Dropping the cockpit 1 cm (to compensate for the saddle drop) and maybe 1 more cm for a lower position
  3. Pull the saddle BACK 2-3 cm to stretch you out.

And you have some posture improvements that are possible. Better posture is going to increase your reach to the armpads

Now when it comes to figuring out which P3 size you need, you can go with either a 58 or a 61 and make it work. If you want the better looking option, I'd go with the 61, where you'll either have 1 cm spacer or a slammed stem. If you decided you need to get even lower in the future, a -17 stem should do the trick. I don't think you'd have any need to get any lower than that position will allow.

That said, a 58 with a 1 cm longer stem and 3 more cm of spacers would also be within the range of a good fit and be a purchase you could feel confident about.

I prefer headtube over spacers, so if I had to choose I'd choose the 61 for you.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Last edited by: trentnix: Oct 10, 17 10:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your input. Really appreciated your time here.
Quote Reply