Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P2C rearwheel cutout
Quote | Reply
    Heya guys, I have a question. After the thread regarding tire pressure came up, I decided I was gonna try 120 instead of my usual 100-110 psi to see how harsh it gets. Anyways, this would be my first time pumping the tires on my new P2C. Been riding it since picking it up from the LBS and noticed the pressure getting low. Anyways, I am not sure what the tire pressure was from the LBS but after filling it up to 120 psi, I noticed that my rear wheel rubs against the rear wheel cutout. I tried deflating it a tad to 115 psi but it still rubs. I decided to take off the back wheel and see what's up. I noticed that the inside of my rear wheel drop out has a rub mark down its middle, obviously from tire rubbing. No idea how long this has been going on but didn't realize it till today(the rubbing sound was rather apparent) Anyways, I tried to place the rear wheel back in but now it won't go in all the way into the C shaped thingamagick in the rear(the C where the skewers are rested on). I decided to just tighten it where it will go and the rubbing went away(there's more easily seen space between the cutout and the tire now compared to before where it looked rather tight).

So my question is, is the back C supposed to work like that? I mean adjustability in how deep you can place your skewers or am I risking it by not pushing it in all the way? If this is the case, how can I remedy the rubbing?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2C rearwheel cutout [IzzyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe a stupid question, but are you aware that the "C-shaped thingamajigs" have something called adjustment screws? or are those gone?

if not, do you know how to use said adjustment screws?

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems as if you are having a problem with the horizontal dropouts, and the set screw inside of them? There are adjustable screws inside each side of the dropout. Make sure they are both aligned properly, you can adjust them with a screwdriver.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2C rearwheel cutout [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
    I knew they had the screws but they're not there. I just ran to my LBS and got a replacement. Everything's fine now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did the LBS not include them with this bike?

if this happened, can you tell me the name of the shop?

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2C rearwheel cutout [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
    I am unsure if the LBS included it or not. I would assume they did since I didn't hear any apparent rubbing prior to today. At the same time, I'm unsure how much pressure was placed in the tires by the LBS to begin with anyways. Either way, they were nice enough to just give me another one at no charge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well, FYI, if they did not, this is major oversight by them (or by cervelo).

Quote Reply