Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ceramic bearings
Quote | Reply
Just how much are those Zipp ceramic bearings? Can I use them in my Am Classic hubs?

Zipp says they are good for 10 watts...what say y'all?
Quote Reply
Re: Ceramic bearings [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a lot of discussion about these over on the Wattage list recently. The general concensus was that the manufacturers claims were highly unlikely. They are a very knowledgeable group, however they are generally a pretty skeptical group when it comes to any claims not supported by studies. Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see ;)

Haim

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"
Quote Reply
Re: Ceramic bearings [Haim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto above...10 Watts...when it is 67 degree, 12% humidity, low tide, Mars and Venus are in line with Jupiter, a 747 just took off in the exact opposite direction of the bike...and it is ridden by a 24 year old Victorias Secrect model who is a virgin and looking for her first man....

So it is possible...sure....anything is possible.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Ceramic bearings [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They were developed for high load/heat/RPM applications. Hub bearings don't see any of those conditions. That said, World Championships on the track have been won by .002 seconds. There are industrial applications for the ceramic bearings and you should be able to find them for your American Classic wheels.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply