Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cdale lefty
Quote | Reply
Am I right that you take the caliper off, put the wheel on, replace the caliper, then the wheel never comes off? You change the tire with the wheel on? Just building up my first lefty bike.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Cdale lefty [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is what I used to do. Although my front wheel came off every time I needed to put the bike in my car. I also had a lefty adapter for my car roof rack so I could roof mount it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Correct.

Love the lefty on my F-SI :)
Quote Reply
Re: Cdale lefty [Blacky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blacky wrote:
That is what I used to do. Although my front wheel came off every time I needed to put the bike in my car. I also had a lefty adapter for my car roof rack so I could roof mount it.

i don't see how you take the front wheel off, without taking the brake caliper off. which is only 2 bolts, still, is there something i'm missing? i'm looking to put the front wheel on for the first time and i can't see how to do it without taking the caliper off first. not a problem! i'm just wondering.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have to remove the caliper to take off the front wheel. My car rack is a stand up to avoid this.
I currently have a Scalpel and a Habit Se

What ride did you get?
Quote Reply
Re: Cdale lefty [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i got a slate. i'm also getting, or at least planning to get, a 3t exploro. i'm very interested in the gravel plus category.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No the caliper came off every time !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take the front wheel off all the time, it's no big deal. Yes, you have to take the caliper off but it's only two bolts and nothing needs to be readjusted. Never thought of changing a tire without taking it off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, only reason to remove the wheel is if you're putting it in a small car. Which happens to be the reason why my next MTB won't be have a Lefty, much as I love the performance. Brilliant XC fork (err, strut).

Untighten the two bolts, but you don't have to remove the caliper entirely. It's enough to undo the top bolt, and swing the caliper back. It should allow the disc to clear the caliper - at least it does on the three bikes I tried this on. Makes for one less swinging part...

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I remove the tire, dump in sealant, etc with it attached to the bike. If you have to remove the wheel, then yes you have to unbolt the caliper.

Flash 29'er for me.
Quote Reply