Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit
Quote | Reply
I'm looking into getting a new trisuit for this season and have a discount through castelli or huub. I am currently looking at the Free Sanremo Suit from castelli

https://www.castelli-cycling.com/Products/Triathlon/Men/Tri-Suits/FREE-SANREMO-SUIT-SS/p/861607317P

or the HUUB DS Long Course Tri Suit

https://huubdesign.com/collections/dave-scott-performance-triathlon-clothing/products/huub-ds-long-course-black-triathlon-suit

Anyone have any recommendations on which may be better? Should I go with the full suit or separate shirt and bottoms?

I am 6'4" and looking to do multiple sprint races, a few olympics and a half iron distance this year.

Thanks for any help or pointers
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interested in responses as I have been considering the castelli as well
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [Exige] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Huub DS in black. I really like it, the suit is really comfortable, although the pad is on the thin side. I am 6'3" and around 90kgs and wear a large. It's hard to get off if you need to use the toilet (No2) once it's covered in sweat, but I would guess that would be the same with any short sleeved suit with a 3/4 zip.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Castelli Free San Remo suit has a see through mesh on the back which caused me to get sunburn on a training ride. I highly suggest the Kiwami Spider instead.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
The Castelli Free San Remo suit has a see through mesh on the back which caused me to get sunburn on a training ride. I highly suggest the Kiwami Spider instead.

Very glad to hear feedback on this, since I was considering the Free Speed Race tri jersey (which I understand is effectively the top half of the San Remo suit) and I'm pretty allergic to the sun.

Disappointing, since the price was right and their website advertises a min 16 UPF
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [FlyingScot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I had a pink back after riding 40 miles in the Castelli Free San Remo. I sold it a few days later.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Yeah I had a pink back after riding 40 miles in the Castelli Free San Remo. I sold it a few days later.

Oof, that's a non-starter. Guess it's on to trying Zoot's new offering (that's curiously absent from their website for something supposed to ship in two weeks) or hoping the new revision LG M2 drops in price. Or hell, maybe giving Huub a try, since I hear such good things and the exchange rate aint too shabby right now!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wore the black, sleeveless Sanremo for all of my races last season and did not experience any issues with sunburn through the suit. In fact, I ended up with a wicked farmer tan after my 70.3. So the suit definitely has some SPF on the back.

I love the suit. The storage pockets on the back are awesome and it is just plain comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How was the Castelli suit aside from the sunburn?! Sadly we rarely have to worry about such matters in the UK.
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The material was thin and the shoulders bunched up really bad. The Kiwami Spider was so much better.

Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [FlyingScot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guess it's on to trying Zoot's new offering

The design/colours on that aren't real are they?
Last edited by: moonmonkey02: Feb 22, 17 12:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't like the fit or the materials of the Castelli. I know they are nice, but not my cup of tea.

Bought a Cuore instead. Amazing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
X2 on the Spider from Kiwami. Best suit I've ever used.

BryanD wrote:
The material was thin and the shoulders bunched up really bad. The Kiwami Spider was so much better.
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [moonmonkey02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
moonmonkey02 wrote:
Guess it's on to trying Zoot's new offering

The design/colours on that aren't real are they?

Seeing as I've only seen preorder pages with stock photos of it, your guess is as good as mine, although the preorder pages seem to agree on it. Some of the details on it don't match the description, either (pretty sure that's not a 10" zipper)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had both for racing last year.;

Started with Huub, great feel and fir. I'm 5-11, 170 and Medium fit great. Used in at Oside and worked well for a 70.3. Issue is I like to use the rear pockets for bars during the ride in 70.3/ 140.6 and the Huubs rear pockets are pretty much inaccessible unless your a profession contortionist.

The Castelli I first tried with a Med. Bottom felt good, top was a little loose. Went down to a S and it was skin tight but felt good. Raced truncated Racine, CdA 140.6 and Santa Cruz. AWESOME suit. No issues with back sunburn, but I'm a Southern CA dude and not a Lilly white redhead. The bonus with the Castelli is the rear pockets easy to reach (not sure non-wetsuit drag), the crotch mesh makes going #1 a breeze and the little hip holsters are great for gels or lip balm.

I will try a Kiwami Spider this year, but the lack or a rear pocket makes me wary.
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys I'm in the market for a sleeved suit, currently evaluating the Castelli, Kiwami and LG. Am I getting this right - the Kiwami has no rear pockets, only the hip pockets? What's up with that photo on their site that makes it look like there is an internal pocket on the right side of the top?
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [mattyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattyboy wrote:
Guys I'm in the market for a sleeved suit, currently evaluating the Castelli, Kiwami and LG. Am I getting this right - the Kiwami has no rear pockets, only the hip pockets? What's up with that photo on their site that makes it look like there is an internal pocket on the right side of the top?

There are 2 small internal pockets on the inside of the Spider Aero, and a pocket behind the neck for an ice pack for cooling. There are plenty of pockets on the shorts (2 at the waist and 2 on the bottom of the legs, so 4 pockets!). A rear pocket compromises your aero substantially, and since one is buying a sleeved suit for aero, why compromise it with lumpy pockets?
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the info, that helps. What I specifically need is a larger rear pocket. I need to carry my iphone 7 on training rides in order to have live tracking and Road ID running, and it doesn't fit on my bike. And the case is too large and annoying to carry on one side in a hip/leg pocket. Fortunately for me, any aero penalty would simply result in moving from 24th to 25th on the bike, so I'm willing to accept that in exchange for carrying comms with me on training rides.
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [mattyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattyboy wrote:
thanks for the info, that helps. What I specifically need is a larger rear pocket. I need to carry my iphone 7 on training rides in order to have live tracking and Road ID running, and it doesn't fit on my bike. And the case is too large and annoying to carry on one side in a hip/leg pocket. Fortunately for me, any aero penalty would simply result in moving from 24th to 25th on the bike, so I'm willing to accept that in exchange for carrying comms with me on training rides.

I'd use a Torhans VR frame bottle cut out to hold the iPhone. Much safer for you, the phone, and your wallet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep in mind that Ggeiger competes for a team/club that is sponsored by Kiwami, a fact that he no longer discloses in his signature. So take his opinion with a hefty grain of salt. He is unabashed about pushing Kiwami and Salming - how uncanny!
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [HVP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HVP wrote:
Keep in mind that Ggeiger competes for a team/club that is sponsored by Kiwami, a fact that he no longer discloses in his signature. So take his opinion with a hefty grain of salt. He is unabashed about pushing Kiwami and Salming - how uncanny!

And YOU keep in mind I was simply answering a question as to the design of the suit. If you would care to read my post on this last question, there was no opinion whatsoever given, simply information after getting out and looking at my team suit from last season. I find it odd that you seem to want to police posts......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No experience with the HUuB or zoot for that matter. But I do own both the Castelli San Reno and the Kiwami spider sleeved suits as well as Desoto sleeved tri suit. I prefer in his order 1.) the Castelli 2.) Kiwami and 3.) Desoto.

The Castelli is lighter weight and breathable but not see thru and I have never gotten sunburned either in full IM or training with it. The Desoto and Kiwami are both heavier material and preferred on colder days. Like the Castelli the Kiwami has the front zipper that unzips all the way like a two piece so I give it the edge over the Desoto. Also I don't like the "snake" zipper that bunches up and also rides up higher on my neck. I mainly use the Desoto for colder and short races as well as training rides. If it was between the Kiwami and Castelli it would come probably down to the temperature during the race.

Disclaimer: I am not paid, endorsed, on a team or receive any discounts whatsoever for any gear. Just an above average AG'er.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Deflect all you want. It is important to note your biases when you post opinions/recommendations. Strangely, as you have accelerated your product opinion posts, you have eliminated your disclosure signature.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm?

ggeiger wrote:
I was simply answering a question as to the design of the suit. If you would care to read my post on this last question, there was no opinion whatsoever given,..

ggeiger wrote:
X2 on the Spider from Kiwami. Best suit I've ever used.,..
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [HVP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HVP wrote:
Deflect all you want. It is important to note your biases when you post opinions/recommendations. Strangely, as you have accelerated your product opinion posts, you have eliminated your disclosure signature.

LOL! Given your opinions, I'd have to refrain from statements on Skratch, GU, Hammer, Infinite, 2XU, Kiwami, Bontrager, Blackwell, Shimano, Enve, Salming, Rudy Project, Voler, LG, Carbopro, First Endurance, Xtenex, Normatech, and many others. When appropriate I add the signature. That said, I only choose things I have had favorable experiences with. I prefer to call it experience, not bias. I suggest you add something positive.
Quote Reply

Prev Next