Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carlsbad Cycling
Quote | Reply
I will be in Carlsbad in a few weeks and looking for a 70-80 mile ride. I will be starting mid-week early AM so not sure how that factors in to logistics. Scenery/climbs/less traffic are optimal. I am staying at the Ramada Carlsbad.
Thanks!
Juan
Quote Reply
Re: Carlsbad Cycling [oldhagj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out the Swami's rides. Either for the rides or the routes. The Saturday AM ride has a "long loop".
Quote Reply
Re: Carlsbad Cycling [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! How is traffic? Prob be a Wednesday
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"San O and Back"

coastal mostly flat through camp pendleton, an out and back with very few turns, so easy to navigate. (you will need a valid DL ID and to preregister at least 10 days in advance for access the base).

Wednesday is also the day of "The Wednesday Ride" from Carlsbad thru Camp P starting at 8:15am ... not for the faint of heart, average speeds will maintain 22+mph. note, no TT bikes.

plenty of inland options to get that kind of distance, but that will include lots of elevation gain and a pre loaded route on your display unit to manage all the twists and turns.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
try this course, good mixture of flats and climbing and a taste of what riding in North County is like,https://ridewithgps.com/routes/20095861
What kind of pace do you normally ride?

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven'the ridden, but have heard good things about The Great Western Loop I think it'should called. I think accessible from Cbad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oldhagj wrote:
Thanks! How is traffic?

lol It's California

I actually like riding around Carlsbad. Last time I did the swami ride, Mark Cavendish was in the group.
Quote Reply
Re: Carlsbad Cycling [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Long rides typically easy, (around 18 ish) but have a key race in mid-May so might include some threshold stuff (24 ish.) Threshold stuff in aero, but love climbing.
Quote Reply