Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carbon seatpost question
Quote | Reply
The only carbon seatpost that I have ever used on my bike has been inserted into a titanium frame so I was told that I didn't need to put anything on it. When using a carbon post in an aluminum frame does the same hold true or does it need some type of grease/lube on it to ensure that it doesn't seize?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Carbon seatpost question [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Allan;

Most carbon seatpost suppliers say don't. However I did read this from The Masters Mr. Zinn and Mr. Calfee:

http://www.velonews.com/...articles/9023.0.html

I report you decide. :-) I use a little on my P3 carbon seatpost.
Last edited by: Trevor S: Apr 12, 06 6:33
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon seatpost question [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Calfee. Started out with a USE Alien seatpost. It slipped. I took some 80 grit sandpaper and gave the female fitting a few swipes, just enough to rough it up a tiny bit. Then did the same with the carbon seatpost itself. Never slipped again, and was superbly easy to adjust.

I now have a Thomson Masterpiece seatpost and had no issues with it either.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon seatpost question [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I now have a Thomson Masterpiece seatpost "

That's the real solution, isn't it? I chewed up and spit out three carbon posts before I standardized on the Thomson, don't imagine I'll ever be buying another seat post...
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon seatpost question [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll go halfsies with you on that. If you could put the Thomson seat clamp mechanism on the USE Alien, I'd go back to the carbon seatpost. I understand they've modified that POS clamp on the Alien, but fool me once....shame on you....

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply