Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can I run the new Dura Ace 9070 Di2 without a front derailleur? i.e. 1x11
Quote | Reply
With the old ones I believe the processor was in the FD, so you had to run those. Do they run without the FD now?
Quote Reply
Re: Can I run the new Dura Ace 9070 Di2 without a front derailleur? i.e. 1x11 [art] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
art wrote:
With the old ones I believe the processor was in the FD, so you had to run those. Do they run without the FD now?

they always have run fine without an FD.

(Edit: i've been running electronic for 6 seasons.)
Last edited by: tetonrider: Jul 30, 15 22:41
Quote Reply
Re: Can I run the new Dura Ace 9070 Di2 without a front derailleur? i.e. 1x11 [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tetonrider wrote:
art wrote:

they always have run fine without an FD.

(Edit: i've been running electronic for 6 seasons.)

This.
Quote Reply
Re: Can I run the new Dura Ace 9070 Di2 without a front derailleur? i.e. 1x11 [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, had no idea. I had the original Ultegra Di2 and for some reason thought the main processor was in the FD so it wouldn't work without it. So I could essentially just run with right shifter, battery, junction, rear derailleur without issue?
Quote Reply
Re: Can I run the new Dura Ace 9070 Di2 without a front derailleur? i.e. 1x11 [art] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a follow-up, while Shimano indicates a max rear cog of 28T, in actuality, you can run up to a 32T rear cog with the rear derailleur (assuming you don't have a FD & have the chain adjusted appropriately).
Quote Reply
Re: Can I run the new Dura Ace 9070 Di2 without a front derailleur? i.e. 1x11 [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'm running an 11-28, but an 11-32 with single chainring up front would make me miss the FD even less.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can also save a couple hundred $$ and get the 6800 GS rear that is rated up to 32 teeth. I am working on a conversion of a road bike that currently has downtube shifters to a 1x11 w/ di2.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Can I run the new Dura Ace 9070 Di2 without a front derailleur? i.e. 1x11 [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any pics of this? and how have you got around the lack of clutch on the rear derailleur? Want to do the same thing, but worried about the chain jumping off
Quote Reply
Re: Can I run the new Dura Ace 9070 Di2 without a front derailleur? i.e. 1x11 [alexZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No clutch necessary with a narrow/wide front chainring. I have posted this a few times, but I really think the clutch only helps with chain slap and is not necessary for chain retention.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Can I run the new Dura Ace 9070 Di2 without a front derailleur? i.e. 1x11 [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, that's what I suspected
Quote Reply