Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can't get the front brake on my P3C. Techies help.
Quote | Reply
The post on the front brake, dura ace, is either to long or to short depending on where I insert the screw cap. If I insert the cap from the back of the fork it wont reach the post even with all the washers removed. If I insert the cap from the middle of the fork it won't tighten down even with all the washers installed. Is there a specific post size I need for the front brake? Oh yea, if you're not aware it's a wolf fork. Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Can't get the front brake on my P3C. Techies help. [Burt'sH2OBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The post on the front brake, dura ace, is either to long or to short depending on where I insert the screw cap. If I insert the cap from the back of the fork it wont reach the post even with all the washers removed. If I insert the cap from the middle of the fork it won't tighten down even with all the washers installed. Is there a specific post size I need for the front brake? Oh yea, if you're not aware it's a wolf fork. Thanks in advance.
Not 100% sure what you are referring to, but I assume the nut that holds the brake doesn't quite reach the bolt. The DuraAce brake can be had with several different nut lengths, to accomodate different fork depths. It seems you got the wrong nut length. No big deal, these longer nuts are dime a dozen, your LBS should have no problem getting a longer one for you. BTW, don't attach the fork only to the front half of the fork crown as you seem to be suggesting in the description of your second attempt.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Can't get the front brake on my P3C. Techies help. [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A dime a dozen? I paid $3 for mine. I got ripped off.
Quote Reply
Re: Can't get the front brake on my P3C. Techies help. [ezrahallam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A dime a dozen in Cervelo-dollars. They trade at around US$ 360 right now.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Can't get the front brake on my P3C. Techies help. [Burt'sH2OBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As Gerard said, the nut for the caliper comes in different lengths. The "standard" nut fits a "normal" alloy / non-bulky carbon aero fork.

You can do the same thing I did, when I had the same problem with my DA caliper and P3c/Wolf fork... Take the fork, caliper and nut to your LBS. Wheatridge was kind enough to swap straight up for a longer nut.

(Mo)Joe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gerard,

Congrats on today's result!! But dude, can't you do a better celebration than posting here on ST? :)

Lewis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll get a longer nut. What I assumed just wasn't sure. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Can't get the front brake on my P3C. Techies help. [Lactic Achole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Gerard,

Congrats on today's result!! But dude, can't you do a better celebration than posting here on ST? :)

We already celebrated the night before the race, that's how convinced everybody was that Fabian would win. :-)

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply