Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Brownlee v Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray @ Challenge Half Championships June 3rd [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apollo71 wrote:
Kiene's a class act. Just gave Sanders a high five at the last turnaround.

Awesome, Awesome Race!!!

and yep, had that been an all pavement run with not so many turns, Sanders would have taken the half iron distance record, even in this heat on an unshaded course

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee v Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray @ Challenge Half Championships June 3rd [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome on Raelert in 3rd!

loved Sanders's comment that this was his best swim and he could have ended the race there. He said this was the hardest he's had to work in a race. impressive.

Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee v Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray @ Challenge Half Championships June 3rd [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That Lucy Charles is full of talent. Obviously a break out phenom at 70.3 and IM distance given the last 2 weeks. Look out Daniela Ryf.

But question - With her stellar swim, and very strong bike (course record at Lanzarote), and she runs like a runner, would it be possible for her to be competitive on the ITU circuit? Could she move successfully down in distance, like Jill Savege did many years ago? Take a shot at the Olympics?

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee v Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray @ Challenge Half Championships June 3rd [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scotttriguy wrote:
That Lucy Charles is full of talent. Obviously a break out phenom at 70.3 and IM distance given the last 2 weeks. Look out Daniela Ryf.

But question - With her stellar swim, and very strong bike (course record at Lanzarote), and she runs like a runner, would it be possible for her to be competitive on the ITU circuit? Could she move successfully down in distance, like Jill Savege did many years ago? Take a shot at the Olympics?

She does have an amazing run form, doesn't she. A bit early but i think she and Holly Lawrence will be Ryf biggest threat in the next few years....New generation of champions.....
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee v Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray @ Challenge Half Championships June 3rd [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, hugely impressive race by Lucy Charles. If she can stay injury free (she had a lot of running injuries last year) she has a huge future ahead of her in the sport. Maybe she'll even get a bike sponsor now!

I hadn't thought about her dropping down the distances, an interesting proposition. Swim, no issues there. Bike, should be OK. Run, maybe not the leg speed; it seems like here 5k PB is a touch under 18 (set last weekend, so just 1 week after Lanza!). I would say the other problem would be breaking into the GB team as it is very strong on the women's side - Stanford, Holland, Stimpson, Jenkins (assuming she comes back), Hall, Learmonth, Taylor-Brown, Coldwell.
Last edited by: r0bh: Jun 3, 17 4:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
I heard Seb say that he'll be racing Sanders again and Murray in an upcoming Challenge half. Is this Challenge Salou? anyone have a start list?

correction: Brownlee will be racing
correction: race is on June 3rd in Samorin, Slovakia, the Challenge Championship race

Live coverage? Link Here: http://www.thechampionship.de/?page_id=1616 2am EST

Predictions?

I say Sanders has this one. But, will Murray pull a Brownlee (except be pushed on the run by Sanders, unlike Brownlee at St George)?

In the FB interview, Seb said he tried to take 3 pulls, but only lasted 30sec when Sanders blasted back to to the lead trying to put some time on Brownlee. Seb referred to Brownlee as an "alien" and that he was runner up in the non alien division...

Ok, so I called it with Sanders. Lots of folks on here saying with unshaking confidence that AB had it locked up... and I called AB for St george when folks on here were saying Sanders all the way. Ok, done being obnoxious for now

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
Apollo71 wrote:

Awesome, Awesome Race!!!

and yep, had that been an all pavement run with not so many turns, Sanders would have taken the half iron distance record, even in this heat on an unshaded course

Hey, anyone know if we can see a replay of the stream? This is awesome. Too bad AB dropped out. I said it before about Lucy Charles....watch out! Interesting to see all these non ITU folks do well too. But I think Lucy could move down to ITU and really cut it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kona without LS this year will be definitely missing a core ingredient.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee v Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray @ Challenge Half Championships June 3rd [messien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
messien wrote:

He has to go to Kona, or if he does not, I am sure the Challenge guys are pushing him to go to Roth now!
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee v Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray @ Challenge Half Championships June 3rd [messien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'Tough day from the first stroke of the swim. Hate not finishing but didn't have a choice today. Great event and well done to the other guys'

A.Brownlees Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee v Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray @ Challenge Half Championships June 3rd [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
'Tough day from the first stroke of the swim. Hate not finishing but didn't have a choice today. Great event and well done to the other guys'

A.Brownlees Twitter

I read on the thread that he pulled up limping. Hopefully nothing serious. Where is the link to the final results?
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray upcoming Challenge Half Predictions [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
r0bh wrote:
Pre-race interview with Brownlee:https://www.tri247.com/...ce-alistair-brownlee[/quote[/url]]

Thanks for posting:

I loved these (not perfect quotes)

I'm better at consistent power.
I'm in better shape
I could have run faster if I had to

Leads will be a bigger challenge.

Based his thoughts and his other 2 results, it sure sounds like the rest of them are racing for 2'nd unless he gets a few flats.[/quote]

Not so much, eh;)

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee v Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray @ Challenge Half Championships June 3rd [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
milesthedog wrote:
Apollo71 wrote:

Awesome, Awesome Race!!!

Hey, anyone know if we can see a replay of the stream? This is awesome. Too bad AB dropped out. I said it before about Lucy Charles....watch out! Interesting to see all these non ITU folks do well too. But I think Lucy could move down to ITU and really cut it.

I clicked the link in the first post and I'm watching the race now. Is that what you're looking for?
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray upcoming Challenge Half Predictions [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dude, we get it. you don't like ali brownlee. you've made your point.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray upcoming Challenge Half Predictions [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:

I'd say it's more likely he didn't like the attitude of the brit fanboys on Slowtwitch. Time to eat some crow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
messien wrote:

It's been a long time for Canada to see anyone at this level since we had Peter Reid winning Kona and Simon Whitfield winning Olympic medals....but Sebi's basically my favourite long course athlete, and this gesture from the 3xworld champion, Sebi says it all:

Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee v Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray @ Challenge Half Championships June 3rd [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out of interest how often do people think the likes of Sanders and SK are tested out of competion and out of season. It seems ias if long course is a bit like the wild west in terms of drug testing for Pro's . You get tested if you win but without national / feseration accountability there is no telling what goes on .
Last edited by: Bingley: Jun 3, 17 6:56
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee v Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray @ Challenge Half Championships June 3rd [Bingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.usada.org/...thlete-test-history/

Hard to say for international athletes, however. Depends on their NF I guess.
Last edited by: jkhayc: Jun 3, 17 6:57
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee v Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray @ Challenge Half Championships June 3rd [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Makes you wonder ?
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee v Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray @ Challenge Half Championships June 3rd [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what does the final leader board look like.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee v Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray @ Challenge Half Championships June 3rd [Bingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bingley, welcome to slowtwitch. we do have some rules and one of them is that we don't accuse people of doping unless there is proof. you haven't done that. because your first 2 posts aren't about the bike you want to get fit right, or the injury you want to rehab, or the swim training you're doing, rather they're about your doping suspicions, i just thought i'd write this friendly reminder about what the limits are here so that you don't unwittingly fall afoul of them.

carry on...

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
messien wrote:

He has to go to Kona, or if he does not, I am sure the Challenge guys are pushing him to go to Roth now!

I'll bet LS does Kona this year. He was already sounding more open to it in an interview leading up to this race. After this result, namely that swim... I can't see him not having renewed belief to go to the island.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Jackets wrote:

A.Brownlees Twitter

I read on the thread that he pulled up limping. Hopefully nothing serious. Where is the link to the final results?

Hope he's competitive for Leeds, seems all the other big guns put there tails between there legs for it a two horse race will go down to a one horse race and I've spent £35 for a grandstand ticket!
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee v Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray @ Challenge Half Championships June 3rd [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I posed a very similar question not horribly long ago and also received a similar message from Rapp. I had an acquaintance who spent some time in Pro Sports and spoke very openly about the doping that went on and how it had separated the very good athletes from the rock stars. With all we know about the doping in cycling it's only logical that there is some (in my opinion significant doping going on in this sport) not just an age groupers. Now I agree with Dan we should not point fingers at individuals because big accusations require big proof. However it is a serious conversation worth having and exploring especially in a format like this. You look at where some of these Pros have moved their training bases to and it seems eerily familiar of where some of these cyclists who got popped for doping had move their training bases to.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders v Seb v Richard Murray upcoming Challenge Half Predictions [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

I'd say it's more likely he didn't like the attitude of the brit fanboys on Slowtwitch. Time to eat some crow.

Not all of us were talking crap!

Hugely inpressed again by Sanders. Gutsy performance and intelligent racing. The fueling and pacing on the run were perfect.

Be interesting to see what went wrong for AB. He's won hard races in hot conditions (Rio, Barcelona) and run himslef to the point of collapse in cooler conditions than Rio (London). If it was a pacing or nutrition problem I would have been less surprised to see it at St George and was half expecting it at Gran Canaria if he had been pushed hard by other competitors. Wasn't expecting it less here as much with two taces under his belt if it was down to AB getting things wrong. If it was illness or injury then it's a different situation.

Strong performances again for the women. Exciting times ahead with a lot of great athletes coming through into an already strong group of front runners.
Quote Reply

Prev Next