Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Brooks GTS Adrenaline wearers
Quote | Reply
Anyone using the v14 and/or v15 of the above? I've used versions 7-13 and had no problems but my local running shop says the shoe was completely redesigned from v14 and they'd had alot of returns. Anyone changed from the Adrenaline to an "equivalent" shoe from a different brand?
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks GTS Adrenaline wearers [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have worn 13-15 and have experienced no real changes. The big jump was from 14-15 and their website even states that the sizes will run smaller but I ordered my usual size and it fit just perfect as always.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wore GTS-13 and 14 and noticed no real difference. This year I switched to the Ravenna for my main training shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wore 9 through 14. I hated the 14's with a passion and have since switched brands. It felt like cheating on my mistress but it was that much of a hatred. Glad it's just not me

The running store gave me asics gel-pursue 2. They are ok, but still looking for that one shoe again
Last edited by: loosegroove: Sep 3, 15 13:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used every version since the 12 and in fact have new 15s waiting at the running store for me. I noticed, and I believe it was mentioned in Runner's World, that the 15s were significantly stiffer. (In fact I have noticed that if I don't wear quarter-length socks, they pull my socks into my shoes and I get blisters.)

Have you tried them yet? Was the difference with the sizing or with the feel? Maybe a running store will let you do a few test runs before you actually purchase.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been wearing this shoe for years and can report no noticeable differences in performance for me. The wear on the side of the shoe for some reason has worn through the meshing on both feet which has never happened before. I trade between these and some Hoka's, but miss the "old" GTS from 2007-2009.
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks GTS Adrenaline wearers [dutchboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wearing Adrenaline GTS but on my most recent pair I swapped to the New Balance 860v5.

I'm actually finding them to be more comfortable than the Adrenaline GTS were ( for me ) and moved down half a size with the 2E wide shoe, so I got a slightly better fit too.

Only issue at first was some slight blistering on the inner heel edge, but just did a full iron in them with virtually no blistering, and I didn't even have to use any lubrication.

Of course, YMMV.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used 9-13 and after being told the 14 wouldn't offer enough support, I tried the trance. At first it seemed ok, but I never really got to like them.

Decided to get some custom made orthotics and went shopping again. Tried the Saucony Ride 7 and have been in love with them ever since. I now have trainers, trailshoes and racingflats from saucony.

Orthotics >>>> stabilityshoes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used 12 through to 15 and hadnt noticed any difference with each switch. The 12s were the first shoe to not give me blisters so I stuck with them.
Only issue (achilles) I had was with the 14's which I suspect was due to me not changing them soon enough as they matched my other kit so well (triathlete problems!).
Tried some Hoka Cliftons "just because" and now the Brooks feel like clogs with (obviously) very little cusioning.

Dont complain about the results you did n't get from the training you did n't do.
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks GTS Adrenaline wearers [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Midtown Miles wrote:
I've used every version since the 12 and in fact have new 15s waiting at the running store for me. I noticed, and I believe it was mentioned in Runner's World, that the 15s were significantly stiffer. (In fact I have noticed that if I don't wear quarter-length socks, they pull my socks into my shoes and I get blisters.)

Have you tried them yet? Was the difference with the sizing or with the feel? Maybe a running store will let you do a few test runs before you actually purchase.

No, not tried them but I dont think running on a treadmill in the shop for 5mins is enough. And didnt want to commit to buying n the advice given (the guy in question is a VERY fast and well known runner who I trust completely). Furthermore, he did say Brooks took on board the criticism and made some minor changes to the v15 but the shoe is no longer the GTS of old.

Many thanks for the alternative suggestions. I may have to try the v15 ones and be prepared to ebay 'em.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've worn Adrenalines for about four years. I got a pair of 15s back at the end of March and the store gave me the same warning and suggested I move up a half size. I did that and the shoe felt too big. So then I got my regular size and the toe box felt too tight. So then I went back and tried a parade of different shoes. This particular store is excellent when it comes to allowing returns when a shoe doesn't work. After several fails with different shoes another employee suggested we go back to the GTS 15 a half size up (as first suggested). This time I laced them up all the way (in the past I hadn't used that last loop). This solved the slippage problem and the toe felt great. I was off and running. I put about 500 miles on those and I am on my second pair of 15s now.

Hopefully when the next year's model comes out in November any adjustments will be communicated ahead of time. I hate having to navigate through the tweaks these companies make in their designs.
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks GTS Adrenaline wearers [DarkStar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stopped using them after I went through my last pair of Adrenaline 13's, becuase I was worried that the 14 model would be awesome....I switched to the ghost6 and 6gtx for winter and have had no issues. they feel fine. I also went to the Brooks Racer for racing shoes...they are amazing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used and liked v12 & 13, then switched to Sauconys and others as the v14s weren't for me. Tried the 15s, and they've been great for me, like I remember the 12s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been wearing since V12. Went in for a new pair and tried on my size 14 narrow and the toe box was too tight. I was told that there was a change in sizing so we tried the 15 which was too big. Ended up buying a pair of the Ravenas. I've had them for about 50 miles now and I'm liking them, so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone report whether the Brooks GTS16 has widened the toe box from the GTS15 design? Is it time for me to load up on as many GTS14's as I can find on Amazon?
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks GTS Adrenaline wearers [laxdiscipline] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had trouble with the 15's. Bloodied toes and black toenail right out of the gate. Attempted to go a size up and no dice. Went to a different brand and haven't been happy...perhaps dealing with some plantar issues now.

Just ordered the 16's and will be able to report back on Thursday at the latest. Fingers crossed they fit like the 14's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am just about to buy an old pair of 15s or 16s. From the *look* of things the toe box appears to be the same. I've tried the 15 and had to go up half a size from the 13.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got my 16's. They fit a lot more like the 14's than the 15's. I'm happy with the revised toe-box size and fit. Glad Brooks listened to customers.
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks GTS Adrenaline wearers [zcanody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zcanody wrote:
Got my 16's. They fit a lot more like the 14's than the 15's. I'm happy with the revised toe-box size and fit. Glad Brooks listened to customers.

Does that mean the toe box is bigger or smaller?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zcanody wrote:
Thanks for the intel. Now to decide what color......
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks GTS Adrenaline wearers [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSully wrote:
Does that mean the toe box is bigger or smaller?

^ This.

My one minor gripe about the 15's is that the toe box is a tiny bit cramped, otherwise it's a fantastic shoe. Only been running in them for a few weeks so I'm hoping they might break in a bit more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zcanody wrote:

Thanks for the report. Have been running in these for years. But I have always purchased a version back to save some money. Using 14's now.
Guess I will go right to the 16's.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks GTS Adrenaline wearers [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a pair of 15's have done 3 runs with no problems but my last pair of Adrenaline's were 13's so I didn't run the 14's. I ran Saucony Guide 5's/6's then Hurricane 16's with good success in my break from Brooks. My buddy no longer works at Saucony so my free shoes went away :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have ran v13-15 and have had no problems at all. Size 10 every time and fits perfectly. I have read about issues but have had zero issues with the small changes
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks GTS Adrenaline wearers [griffeyfan04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're doing well then! FWIW I am about to take delivery of some v15 ones at 0.5 of a size up. I've tried the 9 which is what I've always had but was too small. I can find out about the v16 sizing....
Quote Reply

Prev Next