Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bringing the extensions in, keeping the arm rests the same width
Quote | Reply
I've recently got my first TT bike - A (new to me) Planet X stealth. I've been and had a retul fit which did wonders over how I set it up for myself.

I have quite wide shoulders and am not the most flexible person around so cannot get the pads too close and stay comfortable, when riding the bike (only on the trainer so far) I find it infinitely more comfortable and natural to just hang my hands between the extensions and if I make an effort to widen my forearms/hands and ride with my hands ontop of the extensions I get a sore in the arms quite quickly..... another downside to the width of the extensions is that I'm unable to mount a BTA bottle as they are too far apart.

My bike currently has the planet X stealth bars (https://www.planetx.co.uk/...planet-x-stealth-bar) and I have the pads on the outermost hole but it's not quite enough.

Are there any arm rest replacements I can get that will let me mount the arm rests wider relative to the extensions?(I don't want to bring the arm rests in/out) or am I off to new cockpit town? (I'm in London so preferably UK available products)

Attached pic to illustrate
Quote Reply
Re: Bringing the extensions in, keeping the arm rests the same width [BattyMilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure how far apart the holes are on a planet X . but these exist
http://www.zipp.com/accessories/vuka-pad-wing-extension/#sm.0004nq8z21do9ey0uvw28ye74hq64

Quote Reply
Re: Bringing the extensions in, keeping the arm rests the same width [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks promising, thanks. I'll give them a punt
Quote Reply
Re: Bringing the extensions in, keeping the arm rests the same width [BattyMilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like you can "roll" the tips of the extension in. I find that having my hands closer together relieves a lot of tension in my shoulder. If you get some extensions with more rise, you can get the tips closer together,
Quote Reply