Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Brake Pad advice wanted carbon / alum
Quote | Reply
Just bought a set of carbon Firecrest Clinchers (used). I know they need carbon specific pads. Are there brake pads like this, that are also compatible with alum. rims? I did some looking around on Bikeforums, but the responses were pretty dated.

I'm hoping I will notice a big improvement with the Zipps over my current Planet X 60s.

Comments/suggestions/scorn - ?

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Brake Pad advice wanted carbon / alum [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use separate pads for each set of rims (carbon & alum). Do not use the same pads for both, embedded alum shards will ruin carbon rims.
Quote Reply
Re: Brake Pad advice wanted carbon / alum [Brushman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As previously mentioned, carbon pads for carbon wheels....I use the Swisstop black prince and regular pads for the aluminium wheels.......
Quote Reply
Re: Brake Pad advice wanted carbon / alum [Jimster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't be a cheap lazy sloth. Get two sets of pads. Takes 2 mins to change.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want to use the same pads for carbon and alum wheels, then you'll have to sell the Zipps for a pair of Xentis.

As others have said, appropriate pads for the appropriate wheels. You gonna wear the same shoes and socks to the gym as to a wedding?
Quote Reply
Re: Brake Pad advice wanted carbon / alum [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not gonna be a problem on the Scott Foil, but on the QR Cd 0.1 - I am not soooo sure.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's wrong with training on the Zipps? They made of gold or something?
Quote Reply