Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Boulder HS track
Quote | Reply
Coming into town (thanks all for the ride advice) and I have a track session. Is the Boulder HS track open access. If not is there another close by. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder HS track [Old lungs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I jogged by Boulder High today … the football stadium, which I’m guessing is where the track is, was definitively closed. I think there’s a nice track at Centennial middle school that’s open.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Manhattan Middle School is accessible too. I see lots of people post workouts from there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, it's locked up. Don't try to enter either. CU's Pott's Field is not a publicly open one either--although it was years ago.
Suggestions: Centennial middle school, Fairview H.S. (may be open not sure), or Manhattan middle school track, Nevin Platt Middle school off of Baseline Rd. There is also Niwot H.S. if you want to see a regular stream of pro runners and triathletes chasing each other.
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder HS track [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
There is also Niwot H.S. if you want to see a regular stream of pro runners and triathletes chasing each other.

Is there a reason those guys prefer to go there? It seems kind of far assuming its a group that lives in Boulder.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Centennial Middle School is where I normally go. Less crowded.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder HS track [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea--I don't like tracks & certainly don't enjoy running on them. Give me a trail with hills, trees and nature all around--maybe they just like running circles--but it bores me. Sure measured distances are a good metric to do over & over for controlled environment comparison, but still--it bores me to death & isn't for me. I just stay out of their way and don't go (I have, and won't say I'll NEVER hit the track to watch or do a few laps for grins & giggles...just not regularly.)
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder HS track [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While Centennial is the closest, Niwot is the 2nd closest to our house. Much easier than Manhattan etc.
To be honest, Niwot is a nice track - nice setting - easy access. Being down in the bowl helps tune out the world.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply