Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blackwell ISM Adamo Saddle
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have experience with this saddle? I am in need of replacing the stock saddle that came with my QR Tequilo, and my first thought was with this one. Also, is there any other saddles you would reccomend if this one is not your favorite?

Thanks
Beniahana
Quote Reply
Re: Blackwell ISM Adamo Saddle [benihana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't give you any infirmation but I plan to check it out as soon as the ice and -30 temps are gone. I use the Selle SMP Strike on my road bike and love the cutout so I'm thinking I might like the Adamo for my recently purchased tri bike.

--------------------------------------------------------------
"A bucket...if you haven't puked in it you could be going harder."
- Lazy Ben
Quote Reply
Re: Blackwell ISM Adamo Saddle [LWP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
search the threads, there was a good discussion of it about 2 months ago

-------------------------------------------------
Latest Duct tape QR Superfull fashion model
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like my ISM Adamo...it was a solution for me...after so many saddles, this was perfect for me in aero position.
I could not used to others that I tried.
I recommend
Quote Reply
Re: Blackwell ISM Adamo Saddle [MTRIB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any specific issues besides a little uncomfortability in the perineal area. I was looking at this saddle as a means of attempting to eliminate that. Besides the reduction of pressure on your perineal area, is it a comfortable saddle?

Thanks Again
Benihana
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know about the saddle ,but their ads are HOT!! . Check out Triathlete Feb 2007 pg 123. I'll order one of those.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me it is very confortable....the only concern is that the "front" is little bit wide and took some days to used to....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's comfortable to one might not be to another. I found the saddle hard and somewhat unforgiving. The prongs bruised my sit bones. I liked the idea though and if they put out one with lots of padding, I'd probably try it again. For now, I've just ordered a Koobi Tri saddle. We'll see how it goes this weekend!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Blackwell ISM Adamo Saddle [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those of you who have tried a lot of saddles, do you order them and then return them if they don't work?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beniahana - I've ridden the Adamo Race saddle for about 8 months - several sprint tris, one half IM, and one full IM - about 4000 miles in this saddle. It took me about three weeks of tweaking my position (rail position and saddle height), but once I was dialed in I have been very happy with its performance. This is not a saddle that you will instantly fall in love with (I speak from my experience and the many customers that have provided feedback to us) - but, the more you ride it the more you appreciate its design and performance. It is not the softest of saddles, which does not bother me. It is wider in the nose than most saddles, which does not bother me either (no thigh chafing or other chafing). The "two pronged" nose and the width of the saddle is a benefit in my opinion - it distributes the weight of butt/body better and does not force one area to absorb all the pressure - and, it prevents the "single nose" from cramming into my groin.

*** CAUTION : Poster owns a triathlon store ***

Alfred Olivetti | Go Tri Sports
http://www.gotrisports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Blackwell ISM Adamo Saddle [gotrisports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I logged in 5K miles on my QR Lucero and my ISM saddle. A sweet little combo with no sore plumbing or other issues.

Lar Dog
Quote Reply
Re: Blackwell ISM Adamo Saddle [MTRIB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
For me it is very confortable....the only concern is that the "front" is little bit wide and took some days to used to....

opposite experence here, it's much better than my old arione, but I so wish the front was a bit wider, it's definitely too narrow for me to be completely comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends where you get it. I just bought a Koobi Tri Saddle from them, and they have a 30-day return policy with their saddles, but I've also bought at LBS's including Ladera Cyclery who let me try out a saddle for a couple of rides and return it (just have to make sure it looks brand new!).

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply