Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike riders risk kidney, genital injuries: study
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Bike riders risk kidney, genital injuries: study [strongnshaved] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The level of journalism at Fox News is about as good as TMZ. I'm surprised they didn't blame the lack of quality care at the hospitals treating the injury on Obama.

PS: Drinking water can kill you, if you have ObamaCare.
Last edited by: PeteDin206: Apr 4, 14 9:05
Quote Reply
Re: Bike riders risk kidney, genital injuries: study [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:

The level of journalism at Fox News is about as good as TMZ. I'm surprised they didn't blame the lack of quality care at the hospitals treating the injury on Obama.

PS: Drinking water can kill you, if you have ObamaCare.

That is freaking gold! haha nice work. But in all seriousness, this is dumb. I am so goddamn tired of hearing what causes cancer, what does this and that. And its usually always around healthy stuff. Jeez, my wife read to me last night a recent study that suggests running longer than 2 total hours a week will prematurely kill you.

Here's a study I just conducted: LIFE WILL KILL YOU. You are going to die. Live it how you want, run, ride, eat yourself to death, smoke, whatever. It's your choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike riders risk kidney, genital injuries: study [strongnshaved] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sick to death of the industry that appears to have sprung up around trying to study why healthy sports are bad for you. Who funds this tripe and why do they care so much? I suppose they would rather us sit on the couch eating cheetos all day. Didn't even open the link - don't care. Eff em.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike riders risk kidney, genital injuries: study [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
The level of journalism at Fox News is about as good as TMZ.

Perhaps you missed where it was first published, "Published April 04, 2014 Reuters"

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/04/03/us-bike-riders-injuries-idUKBREA321TB20140403
Last edited by: rijndael: Apr 4, 14 10:09
Quote Reply
Re: Bike riders risk kidney, genital injuries: study [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rijndael wrote:
PeteDin206 wrote:

Perhaps you missed where it was first published, "Published April 04, 2014 Reuters"

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/04/03/us-bike-riders-injuries-idUKBREA321TB20140403

I think you mean where it was first reported, not published. It was published in the Injury Prevention journal on March 11, 14. Reuters reported on it on the 3rd.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Bike riders risk kidney, genital injuries: study [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
I think you mean where it was first reported, not published. It was published in the Injury Prevention journal on March 11, 14. Reuters reported on it on the 3rd.

No, I mean what I wrote. The news article was published, in this case originally on Reuters. It's an article of written work, by an author, and delivered on an electronic medium. The news article was about a published study.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rijndael wrote:
Devlin wrote:

No, I mean what I wrote. The news article was published, in this case originally on Reuters. It's an article of written work, by an author, and delivered on an electronic medium. The news article was about a published study.

Was my statement incorrect? I stated that the level of journalism on Fox News is comparable to TMZ. Did I touch a nerve with you or something?

PS: Drinking water can kill you, if you have ObamaCare...
Last edited by: PeteDin206: Apr 4, 14 10:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
Was my statement incorrect? I stated that the level of journalism on Fox News is comparable to TMZ.
You implied that the poor reporting of the story was the fault of Fox News, it's really a Reuters issue.

PeteDin206 wrote:
Did I touch a nerve with you or something?
No, I don't read or watch Fox News, nor do I have any affiliation with them. My only gripe is with incorrectly placing/implying blame.
Last edited by: rijndael: Apr 4, 14 11:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its the cool thing these days to blast Fox News for its lack of actual news and biased content (because its the only one like that, right?).

Of course, these same people get their news from the Jon Stewart Show and Colbert Report.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike riders risk kidney, genital injuries: study [furiousferret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns!

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Re: Bike riders risk kidney, genital injuries: study [furiousferret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Realistically you'd be better informed watching Jon Stewart or the Colbert Report than reading Fox though. Hell even the Onion would leave the reader better informed about the world.

furiousferret wrote:
Its the cool thing these days to blast Fox News for its lack of actual news and biased content (because its the only one like that, right?).

Of course, these same people get their news from the Jon Stewart Show and Colbert Report.

Actually I will blast all media because there really is no unbiased anything anymore. Even my own opinion is biased. When it really comes down to it, I read most major media outlets including CNN, FN, Al Jazeera, NY Times and even some of the cooky "independent" sites. Usually after a good amount of booze or a 3 hour trainer ride it all starts to make sense...

Otherwise they are all just a bunch of talking heads that have no clue about reality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am I missing something here? Why is this new study even in the news? According to the article, all it says is that researchers found that kids and adults were more likely to experience kidney or genital injuries from riding a bike--pretty sure every kid racks themselves on the top tube of their bike by going off a sketchy homemade jump at least once during their childhood. Maybe there's more to the study than what the Fox story details, but it doesn't seem like anything newsworthy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rijndael wrote:
PeteDin206 wrote:

CNN reporters unable to report as they are stuck in a fake cockpit and don't know how to get out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They blame the top tube in the study so it reasonable to assume that the trauma was done while riding a BMX bike and there is documented footage on the internet and Tosh.0
Last edited by: Tracker09: Apr 4, 14 19:33
Quote Reply
Re: Bike riders risk kidney, genital injuries: study [jhoj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely think they're right about the kidney and genital thing. Had a hard crash about 10 years ago. Bruised a kidney and lacerated an adrenal gland. Definitely racked myself more than once on the top tube as a kid.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike riders risk kidney, genital injuries: study [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually it was CNN that reported a shocker this week.. Breaking News... " A Boeing 777 will struggle to maintain altitude when the fuel tanks are empty" NO SHIT SHERLOCK. Not too sure the 777 is the only plane that will affect . Never take TV news as truth. There is about 10 minutes of news each day and 24 hours of coverage to do it in. Where they get some of this crap is beyond me.

When the impotence with cycling thing broke 15 years or so ago, women or guys would ask /tease me about it several times a week cause they knew I rode a lot. I would tell the women to drop em right now and see if that is true, or the guys to bring their girlfriend or wife over and lets check it out. You only have to say that once, true that.

Working in Urology, it is true that doing a 12 or 24 hour mtb ride I have had some hemeturia. But then so have truck drivers, heavy equipment operators, ball players, and runners from long workouts. Hard work is hard on you. My best one this week was the 71 year old unbelievable good health fitness dude. Never had a kidney stone for 69 years. Started juicing kale, spinach, collards, nuts, and things for the last two years and was full of Calcium Oxalate stones and damn near lost a kidney. So much for a" healthy diet."

Everything in moderation including exercise is a good thought to live by.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In a vaguely related topic, how come vegetarians (and other health nuts) always look like death?

and paleo diets? Paleo man only ate what was available. If they had cheeseburgers, you can be they'd have eaten them. And why would we want to eat paleo? I mean, those guys (paleoman) had a life expectancy of about 35 years old! Today life expectancy in the developed world is about 80, depending on which country you're in. To me, regardless of how fat people are blah blah blah, it appears KFC makes you live longer than paleo diets!

I'm not too worried about how long I live, I wanna cram in as much fun as I possibly can. Life is for living. Death will get us all. Might as well focus on having a good time (whatever you consider a good time) for as long as possible. Me? I don't think my mother (who turned 76 last week) is having nearly as much fun as me. She's mostly deaf, her vision is screwed, she shakes for some yet to be investigated or diagnosed reason, and can't tell me, my brother or son apart on the phone. She limps around, forgets stuff like crazy. doesn't seem like old age is all that much fun. I'll have fun as long as I can, thankyou very much.

Personlly I think she's in such bad shape because of Obama. Oh, hang on, we don't live in the USofA :-). Must be aliens that are making her miserable.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone who's wife found the receipt of his new ride and associated accessories can attest to the fact that bike riders do indeed risk genital injuries.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply